Week 6 GDT: Raiders vs Texans

NickButera

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

For sure, but how does Hollins look without Adams is a big question too.

he has been amazing in his role tho!

Not going to question Adams abilities.  Great player but I think when you look at the cost in picks, money, and decreased opportunities for other WRs it may not be as big of an impact as you would think.  I also think that if Waller and Renfrow are healthy Hollins does not get very many looks with the addition of Adams.  Hard question to answer because I think the addition has had a negative impact on Waller.  Another reason why I wanted to trade Waller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

I definitely agree we need more talent on that side of ball. 
but, you cannot just a give a coach a pass because no talent. You see teams play above their talent level all the time in this league. 

we have next to no talent, and still find away to play below our level haha. I’ll give Graham some time as there are a lot of new pieces, but he deserves some blame too. 

he has a tough job no doubt, with our holes on D. And he gets some leeway because of it, but you can still judge him based off the talent we have.

I just don't see how you can judge a DC when the players can't cover or get off blocks. I get the argument, but Mills is just back there comfortable while guys run wide open. What can he do?

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I just don't see how you can judge a DC when the players can't cover or get off blocks. I get the argument, but Mills is just back there comfortable while guys run wide open. What can he do?

We’re playing the Texans 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

They're playing in his system, which has a track record of failure for the exact same reasons, which somehow manage to improve when he leaves. 

He has no concept of adjustments. When he should blitz, he doesn't, and then decides to start randomly blitzing to make up for it. He doesn't play to players' strengths. He routinely rushes 3, which gets guys doubled, while playing Charmin Ultra Soft coverage that gives up chunks every time. 

He doesn't know what he's doing. And that's clear as day.