Week 6 GDT: Raiders vs Texans

NickButera

If we’d used Jacobs more from the beginning of the season it would be interesting to see what our record would be. The man is running HARD and putting the team on his back.

Not a pretty game, and a scoreline which makes it look more comfortable than it really was. But a win is a win.

• Like 1

I like the game plan on offense could do without the trick plays and the jet sweeps though! Overall I love that Josh has adjusted his offense to the strength of the team. We’d be no worse than 4-2 if that is how we started the year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

I like the game plan on offense could do without the trick plays and the jet sweeps though! Overall I love that Josh has adjusted his offense to the strength of the team. We’d be no worse than 4-2 if that is how we started the year. 

Offense looks better, aside from the random trick plays and sweeps. They just don't work and I don't know why we keep trying to go to that well. 

The defense....still not very good. Houston looked far too good moving the ball on us far too often. We got a lucky break with the INT TD, and that's nice, but overall it was still a pretty ugly defensive performance considering the opposition. 

• Like 1

It’s gonna be interesting in seeing if teams will stop playing two high on defense to get that extra man in the box to help the run defense. If they do then that should really open up things in the passing game where we can see more shots down field. 

• Like 1