Week 6 GDT: Raiders vs Texans

NickButera

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I just don't see how you can judge a DC when the players can't cover or get off blocks. I get the argument, but Mills is just back there comfortable while guys run wide open. What can he do?

Yeah I don’t know. But our 3rd and long D,  and Redzone D just terrible.

Moehrig has severely regressed, is that scheme? Were teams just able the other guy more last season and no need to test him? 

honestly at this point, his scheme isn’t working. Go back to the basics. Players playing slow, which is not good on D

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

They're playing in his system, which has a track record of failure for the exact same reasons, which somehow manage to improve when he leaves. 

He has no concept of adjustments. When he should blitz, he doesn't, and then decides to start randomly blitzing to make up for it. He doesn't play to players' strengths. He routinely rushes 3, which gets guys doubled, while playing Charmin Ultra Soft coverage that gives up chunks every time. 

He doesn't know what he's doing. And that's clear as day. 

The coach can suck and the talent can suck. Both things can be true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yeah I don’t know. But our 3rd and long D,  and Redzone D just terrible.

Moehrig has severely regressed, is that scheme? Were teams just able the other guy more last season and no need to test him? 

honestly at this point, his scheme isn’t working. Go back to the basics. Players playing slow, which is not good on D

Moehrig wasn't anything special a year ago.

I agree. Something needs to give so they can play fast and stop thinking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Even guys who were good last year have regressed. 

That's my deciding factor that it's a Graham problem. 

He's never been good. 

But Crosby has gotten exponentially better as a run defender and pass rusher. Almost like talent will rise to the top.

• Like 1