Week 6 GDT: Raiders vs Texans

NickButera

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There is ZERO indication Josh is close to losing the locker room. That is made up nonsense. There are a lot of leadership in that locker room currently. 

Losing by 1 point to a Super Bowl caliber team on the road is not a terrible loss.

Absolutely this. Throughout the games, win or loss the team has been playing hard just not accurate and with a few things going against them. Unless there are credible reports of locker room rifts then it’s just meaningless to throw out stuff like that. The locker room clearly had a good leadership last year that pulled through and I think they’ll be fine this year.

I don't even care if we lose. Houston is, in a few ways, like us- new everything, fixing major issues from the prior staff, highly competitive and have lost a string of close games that were winnable.

I just want to see the offense look a bit more crisp as it has seemed to do from week to week. 

And I want to see the defense actually defend without letting Houston play it's best game of the year to date on offense. If it's another 1/2 game total meltdown on that side of the ball, against an offense that isn't very good, gotta stop making excuses for Graham and his total lack of adjustments and ingenuity. 

We can lose and look good in the process. But look good in the process, not like a bunch of noobs out there getting set up like the Falcons did in the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lakeshowraiders24 said:

raiders bout to put the texans to sleep by halftime. renfrow, adams, moreau each with a td and jacobs runs in for another 1 or 2

Please just don’t start popping bottles at half… 

raider fans never learn. We put no one to slee by half.. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The problem with you and a lot of other fans is you have unrealistic expectations. It's going to take a few years to build this team fully in the McDaniels/Ziegler image. They have to make up for a lot of bad drafts and FA signings under Gruden. That said, they will finish in the top 3rd of league and build on it for next year. May make the playoffs if things break right. 

It's been 5 games. Exercise some patience. 

Well someone should tell the Raiders because the Owner,GM and Josh all said multiple times that Raiders are a playoff team right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Those where not Raider fans.  Looked like a rich idiot partying with some girls.

Never would have happened in Oakland that whole thing is messed up but I figured the raiders would end up like the warriors over priced ritzy flex’s I remember when you could save cans bring them to the stadium get in for a 25c

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Never would have happened in Oakland that whole thing is messed up but I figured the raiders would end up like the warriors over priced ritzy flex’s I remember when you could save cans bring them to the stadium get in for a 25c

I was surprised stadium security allowed them to do that.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:13 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

Well someone should tell the Raiders because the Owner,GM and Josh all said multiple times that Raiders are a playoff team right now.

And who is to say that they don’t believe that and that we won’t make the playoffs?

I understand not having confidence in the team right now, but I don’t think there is a single game on our schedule left that we can’t win. They won’t go 13-0, but I wouldn’t be shocked with a 10-2 finish. What will you say then?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, true2form said:

And who is to say that they don’t believe that and that we won’t make the playoffs?

I understand not having confidence in the team right now, but I don’t think there is a single game on our schedule left that we can’t win. They won’t go 13-0, but I wouldn’t be shocked with a 10-2 finish. What will you say then?

Same thing was said about our first 4 games, too. 

Until we show we can beat someone other than struggling to beat an absolutely hapless Denver squad, I'd be shocked to finish with more than 5 wins. 

Frankly, looking at the schedule, I don't see how we're legitimately favored to win any of our remaining games. Houston is in an open rebuild, and even they look more competitive and competent than we do for 4 quarters 

My optimism is shot and I have us finishing 4-13. My only question at this point is if Mark will have the balls to kick Josh and Co. to the curb at the end of it or if he at least has the balls to force necessary changes in the play calling/coaching staff in a bid to actually turn things around (looking squarely at the walking defensive blight that is Patrick Graham). 

On 10/20/2022 at 3:19 PM, big_palooka said:

The problem with you and a lot of other fans is you have unrealistic expectations. It's going to take a few years to build this team fully in the McDaniels/Ziegler image. They have to make up for a lot of bad drafts and FA signings under Gruden. That said, they will finish in the top 3rd of league and build on it for next year. May make the playoffs if things break right. 

It's been 5 games. Exercise some patience. 

So you mean like a rebuild?