Week 8 GDT: Broncos in London VS Jags

jolly red giant

Don’t be shocked if this is it for Hackett. Allbright has confirmed that the owners are pissed.

Wilson actually is trending towards playing.

I’m excited to finally see the Broncos in person! Sadly I need to travel to London right before the game and head back home after, otherwise I’d be organising some forum beers for those of you going! It’s been a strange season but I can’t wait to watch my first game in person after following the team for 15 years. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I will be there too ... unfortunately. Think I'm going to rock the Jamal Murray jersey tbh.

I'm doing the Bermondsey mile on the Saturday afternoon if anyone is making the trip.

Prayers up for your liver. The Bermondsey mile is *brutal*

Getting up at 7:30 used to be a chore. In my bachelor days I would have never made it. But now with a 3 year old I’ll be up. Whether I watch the game or not remains up in the air (yesterday I watched as much of KC/SF as I did our game) as I am disgusted with this team. Maybe I’ll watch a Sunday morning political show as it will be less painful. 

Jax has a very good front 7 and while Trevor Lawrence hasn’t (yet) been the Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning/John Elway prospect he was hyped up to be, he brings an awful lot to the table. 

Both teams are on the skids but I have such little faith in our team traveling to a different environment whilst Jax is accustomed to it. 

Jags 13, Broncos 6

My apologies to the good people of the United Kingdom as a Broncos fan for having to watch us play. 

My prediction is that our defense plays lights out but goof troop (Hackett) and the rest of the band of losers coaching the offense can't come up with a gameplan that yields any different results so we lose a one score game. This will continue to be my prediction until literally any other outcome happens.

Jags 17 Broncos 12

• Like 1

This is a home game for the Jags who are better than I thought they would be this year.  I am taking the Jags 12 to 9 in a field goal battle; should be fun.  I will be jamming a pen in my eye because it will make my day more interesting that way, but yeah...12 to 9...it's an uptick from the futbol games they like there.  Tally hoe!! 

• Like 4

What a great irony that someone who had been in senior assistant roles and finally made it to the top job is found to be completely over their head and might get fired in London after less than 2 months to be replaced by the guy that was passed over last time…. I think our UK fans like @lomaxgrUK and myself have seen this movie already this week.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

What a great irony that someone who had been in senior assistant roles and finally made it to the top job is found to be completely over their head and might get fired in London after less than 2 months to be replaced by the guy that was passed over last time…. I think our UK fans like @lomaxgrUK and myself have seen this movie already this week.

🤣😭 Very good.

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Any truth to this? What's the logic behind it only if they lose? 

I think it’s because the AFC is super tight this year and the 7th seed will likely be 9-8 or even 8-9. If the broncos win on Sunday to get to 3-5, it’s too early to wave the white flag on the season because we’d still be in touching distance of the wildcard race. If we lose and fall to 2-6 at the bye then it really is season over.