Week 8 GDT - Bears v. "America's Team"

HuskieBear

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Really strange feeling to be beaten by 20 point but think it was worthwhile for your QB who finished with a 126 QBR 😂

Yep first time walking away from a 3 score loss feeling like I won lol

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Really strange feeling to be beaten by 20 point but think it was worthwhile for your QB who finished with a 126 QBR 😂

Im with you! Im having fun this season. Fields first full seson as a starter, playcalling is fitting him better, tons of cap space and all our picks this offseason....lets get it!

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

Getting better over the last few weeks is literally the definition of progress haha.....not even trying to roast you guys

What? It's not a roast... you're just not reading it correctly. 

He said there was progress the last few weeks, you said he claimed there has been no progress. You were wrong with how you read the comment, that's all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

What? It's not a roast... you're just not reading it correctly. 

He said there was progress the last few weeks, you said he claimed there has been no progress. You were wrong with how you read the comment, that's all. 

Whats the point of this argument? Just upset there wasnt early progress? haha.....and now I dont know how to read? This is silly

20 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:
  • Getsy has been much better the last few weeks
  • Fields is an elite playmaker
  • Herbert looks like the Bears' lead back
  • OL is run blocking great but still lacks in pass pro
  • Stop running the wildcat with Fields as the RB

I’ve been harping on this for awhile (not so much to you guys) but they built this Line to run the ball, and they can do that really well. 

If we could get Whitehair back at LG, and the increased play (however small it is) of Patrick at Center over Mustipher, I think this line, and therefore this offense, would be maybe even league average.

I want to see more if Harry the rest of the year. It’d be nice if he was a talent we can sign going into next year 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’ve been harping on this for awhile (not so much to you guys) but they built this Line to run the ball, and they can do that really well. 

If we could get Whitehair back at LG, and the increased play (however small it is) of Patrick at Center over Mustipher, I think this line, and therefore this offense, would be maybe even league average.

I want to see more if Harry the rest of the year. It’d be nice if he was a talent we can sign going into next year 

I think if we got a real top tier Center this OL will be straight up good next year. A middle of Jenkins-Good C-Whitehair plus the young tackles would be nice.

Edited by MonserinNC

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

I think if we got a real top tier Center this OL will be straight up good next year. A middle of Jenkins-Good C-Whitehair plus the young tackles would be nice.

Well that’s not as easy to come by.

I also think there might be a change coming at RT next year. (a Larry Borom trade will likely be a staple of my mock drafts)

26 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Well that’s not as easy to come by.

I also think there might be a change coming at RT next year. (a Larry Borom trade will likely be a staple of my mock drafts)

Borom has struggled but he’s cheap with starting experience. He’s the type you keep as a backup. Might benefit from a move inside too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Borom has struggled but he’s cheap with starting experience. He’s the type you keep as a backup. Might benefit from a move inside too.

I just don’t think he has the tools to really succeed in this system. He does have talent, and I think some other team might see some value in him.

But I personally would rather flip him for an investment, than just seeing him as a priority backup that is going to walk in 2 years.

If we flip him, even for a later round pick, that’s someone we have control over for 4 more years, and might be more than just a solid backup.

This also goes hand in hand with continuing to improve on the started (RT specifically) as well as add to the OL depth

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I just don’t think he has the tools to really succeed in this system. He does have talent, and I think some other team might see some value in him.

But I personally would rather flip him for an investment, than just seeing him as a priority backup that is going to walk in 2 years.

If we flip him, even for a later round pick, that’s someone we have control over for 4 more years, and might be more than just a solid backup.

This also goes hand in hand with continuing to improve on the started (RT specifically) as well as add to the OL depth

I really think with his run blocking he is the long term answer at LG. He's a plus runblocker and forth interior is a damn good athlete. It's where I believe he should have been playing from the start.