Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

Well Malik was a project 3rd round pick. We knew he wouldn't be ready this year. 

End of the day he is gonna learn from this. I hope we see SOME improvement from last week. Not sure what the game plan is for this one besides RUN 22 and 40 and hope we can hold KC to FGs lol.

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

Y’all are so down on Malik lol.. it was his first start.. it’s been plenty of QBs that had terrible first games and went on to be good like mcnabb and Vick to name a couple

I don't think anyone said he can't be good (I don't think the odds are great for us), but if we're looking at him playing now, I don't think anyone would realistically expect a ton of improvement in just a one week span.

I don't think I've ever seen a player as reluctant to pull the trigger on any decision as he was last week. We know he can run, but he was even too hesitant to do that. 

Hoping for the best though! From the attention he got from Vrabel in the preseason I really believed they had plans for him beyond a career backup.

It most likely will be a rough for Willis tonight but like I said before, real game experience is vital for him. 

I don’t know what the future hold’s in regards to him being our QB of the future, but playing in a game and environment like this could be beneficial for him. Could completely break him too. I, for one, am interested in seeing how he does.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

it’s easier to go in with no expectations. Anything positive will be a pleasant surprise. Would mostly like to avoid injuries. Which lol, I’m sure that’ll happen.

I see a scenario where Malik is able to complete a routine pass and this defense dominates. And the story will be. Damn those Titans are real but nobody believes. 

But I see us also getting whipped 38-17. Where Malik throws 3 Ints. Lol 

Just easier to set myself up for disappointment than to be hype. Lol 

TitanUp tho.