Steelers trade WR Chase Claypool to Bears for 2nd

TheKillerNacho

If Claypool is used right and played to his strengths (he plays smaller than he is and is much better of a slot WR than X or Y), then I think the Bears can get decent value out of this.

As a Steeler fan, I am ecstatic for this.   He is the 3rd best WR on the team and we weren't going to extend another wildly inconsistent WR (already did that with Diontae), and we have so many bigger needs...it made too much sense.

I didn't think we would get more than a late 3rd for him, but potentially early 2nd?

Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I wonder what Claypool is thinking? He didn't have the greatest QB situation obviously, but now he's going to another place that is arguably worse. Whether it's a curse or whatever, Chicago has been a deathbed for offensive production since the dawn of civilization. Maybe he's just happy to still have a job in the NFL though, I don't know. 

34 minutes ago, 43M said:

I didn't think we would get more than a late 3rd for him, but potentially early 2nd?

I was pretty sure you guys would get a second for him if he was moved, but I thought pick 50-55 to a contender, which is pretty much whatever. Good for the Steelers, makes sense for a team like the Packers or something. 

Getting a high second round pick is a really nice haul. If that Bears pick ends up at 36 (where it's at right now), the difference between that and say pick 53 is like a high third round pick. So that is a really nice get. I liked this a lot more when it was supposed to be Baltimore's pick lol. 

• Like 1