College Football Playoff Rankings

cp0k2

9 minutes ago, swoosh said:

What is it specifically about this week? Cause Oregon with games against #8 (likely), #13, #25, and Oregon State would without a doubt jump Tennessee 1 spot when it's all said and done.

Tennessee is looking good though. They have no tough games remaining and TCU and/or Oregon should drop a game down the stretch. Probability of them both winning out has to be under 10%. 

LSU is who I’m talking about. They’re a dark horse 2 loss 4 seed if they win out.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

LSU is who I’m talking about. They’re a dark horse 2 loss 4 seed if they win out.

Oh yeah, if LSU beats Georgia they're in over both Tennessee and Oregon. 

1) Ohio State 2) Georgia 3) TCU 4) LSU 5) Oregon 6) Tennessee 

The issue that Oregon may face is the win out, in comparison to Tennessee is there is a good chance that would knock all of their opponents down below LSU and Alabma, so even with 3 (Utah, UCLA, and USC) their victories will be seen as worse. And at least based on the Coaches and AP poll right Tennessee also has more of the second tier wins (Kentucky, Pitt, South Carolina vs Washington and Oregon St).

If the both win out at it comes down to them it might be the first true test of how much conference championships mean

On 11/9/2022 at 5:38 PM, mse326 said:

The issue that Oregon may face is the win out, in comparison to Tennessee is there is a good chance that would knock all of their opponents down below LSU and Alabma, so even with 3 (Utah, UCLA, and USC) their victories will be seen as worse. And at least based on the Coaches and AP poll right Tennessee also has more of the second tier wins (Kentucky, Pitt, South Carolina vs Washington and Oregon St).

If the both win out at it comes down to them it might be the first true test of how much conference championships mean

Yes. To be honest, Oregon would need LSU to slip up here IMO. Every win LSU has from this point forward looks a LOT better for Tennessee.

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Gonna need USC and TCU to win out so we don’t get the loser of Michigan/Ohio State in the final 4. 

Don’t have an issue with a 1 loss Tennessee team in the final 4.

I guess I don't understand the difference between UT, OSU, or UM as to being in the conversation. And IMO, the committee having LSU over USC right now is foreshadowing that if LSU wins out and beats UGA, the committee is going to put in a 2 loss SEC Champ.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess I don't understand the difference between UT, OSU, or UM as to being in the conversation. And IMO, the committee having LSU over USC right now is foreshadowing that if LSU wins out and beats UGA, the committee is going to put in a 2 loss SEC Champ.

Because their criteria is insanely inconsistent and they make up new rules for the SEC when they deem fit. How are they different than 2017 Penn State? Lost early in the season to a mediocre ACC team, lost big to a conference rival and then won out beating a top 2 Ohio State en route to be a 2 loss conference champion. LSU's losses were also a neutral site game in New Orleans and at home, Penn State's were both on the road. Oh and then a 1 loss Pac 12 team made the CFP over Penn State but apparently since LSU has SEC on their jerseys the rules get changed.

I mean, it's whatever since they would have proven they belonged by beating UGA end of season but this is more about the inconsistency of the committee's reasoning in the process. This is why we need set criteria and not just 12 people in a room saying "eye test" since the eye test can be whatever you want it to be and you can ignore **** like struggling vs Arkansas with a back-up and third string QBs if you so choose.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Normally I'd say "hell no" to a two loss team but beating UGA and winning the SEC would certainly be the exception to the rule. I know they sucked earlier in the season but they've been playing well lately and as much as I loathe Brian Kelly, I try to not let my emotions get the best of me. I feel like this year would be the perfect year for expansion. I just hope this doesnt' happen b/c I don't want 3 SEC teams to be included. Hell, I hope we win out as well as TCU and USC. Don't necessarily think it's the 4 best teams in the country but at least it'd be somewhat different