Where Do We Go From Here?

Billy86

10 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

My dream scenario

Trade Rodgers to the Colts(or similar team) for a 1st, 2nd(that turns into a conditional 1st) and 4th

Cut Bakh 

Cut Jones 

Full roster re-set. Roll with Love in 2023. We'll have 1 year to find out if he's the QB of that future. If not roll with a QB from the 2024 class and have cap space to put a great team around him.

Cut Jones?

22 hours ago, Smidgeon said:

But "talking themselves into it" does not equate to "desperately want to acquire a QB coming off back to back MVPs" and the offered package will reflect that.

Too many people are bagging Gute for his drafting.  That wasn't his colossal blunder.  His colossal blunder wasn't trading him to the Broncos in the offseason.  I've been saying since the offseason he needed to go.  Now I'm right but 1) it's too late and 2) I don't get any pleasure from being right because the team I follow is going to spend 2-3 years trying to get out of the hole they dug.

Was right there with you. Always better to trade a player a year early then a year late. And then the albatross of a contract they gave him. Franchise altering move

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

There will be a robust trade market for Aaron Rodgers.  Probably multiple first round picks.

Teams are talking themselves into much worse veteran QBs who have looked worse than Aaron does now - Matt Ryan, Phil Rivers, Jameis Winston, etc.

Yeah .. I think he still pulls multiple firsts.  His play has fallen off a cliff for a few reasons .. mostly due to a lack of personnel, a banged up thumb, and being stubborn.  He's still fairly athletic, and fully healthy he's still got a special arm.  It only takes one team to think he'd their missing piece to the championship puzzle.  Please, please deal him this offseason!!

Rodg would have to agree on the trade, or threaten retirement.  You can't hold him accountable on the field, or off it.  Not after what Murph and Gute did with him.  If any way the Packers can move him they need to do it.  Before it would have brought a kings ransom.  Now?  Multiple 1st rounders?  I think that's a pipe dream.  We best take whatever we can get and it will be far less than that.  Our best chance is if a starting QB has an injury later this year that will wipe out next year too.  Otherwise, I think we're stuck.

Will they move him if possible?  No, Murph and Gute have no vision, they have no balls.  If so they would have done it earlier when he was pouting at home.  They more recently proved it again when they made no effort to sell at the trade deadline.  Jones and P Smith would have brought us good picks, two guys who will not be here next year.  Possibly Amos too.

19 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Cut Jones?

17 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Jones has a cap hit of 20 million next year. They either need to cut him or restructure/extend the contract. 

8 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Ahh, ok. Was thinking he was a free agent but sounds like he basically is. 

Man. . I have such a soft spot in my soul for Jones that I do not want him to leave.

But....it would be good if he could go to a contender and find even more success, versus staying here during a rebuild while paying him what he is worth.

30 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

There will be a robust trade market for Aaron Rodgers.  Probably multiple first round picks.

Teams are talking themselves into much worse veteran QBs who have looked worse than Aaron does now - Matt Ryan, Phil Rivers, Jameis Winston, etc.

God I hope you are right.  I fear you are not, though.

Those other QB's didn't have the contract that Rodgers does, did they?  I guess I feel like Rodgers could probably pull us a 2nd round pick right now, due to age and contract.  And I hope that you are right and I am wrong.

• Like 1