Zach Wilson

biggie.

14 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I actually feel bad for him. Didn’t realize he’s 23, because we were all perfect and always said the right things at that age?

on top of being the face of the franchise in one of the biggest markets in the world. 

I was, but you all know that 

21 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I actually feel bad for him. Didn’t realize he’s 23, because we were all perfect and always said the right things at that age?

on top of being the face of the franchise in one of the biggest markets in the world. 

It's never been about being perfect. It's about being a comparative top-32 guy. In part because of play, and part because of leadership, he's not. That's all this is.

25 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Well he can either learn from this, adapt, become a better leader which clearly he needs or crumble mentally like Carson Wentz. Guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

This stuff is kind of like default programming though. It is 100% alarming when quarterbacks (especially young ones) take this attitude after the fact. Its notable because even though he is only 23, its still a pretty rare occurrence. 

This is Trey Lance after the Chicago game in a monsoon: 

Lance opened his postgame press conference by taking responsibility for the offense’s missed opportunities. The Bears scored 19 unanswered points after the 49ers had shut them out in the first half, which provoked the second-year pro quarterback's frustration and disappointment after the game.

“Made too many mistakes,” Lance said Sunday. “Defense kept us in the game. Had a big miss to Tyler Kroft in the end zone. Tried to throw a perfect ball. Should have put it right on him. He was wide open.

“Turned the ball over. Took a sack that knocked us out of field-goal range. Missed Deebo [Samuel] on third down. Missed another third down to Jauan [Jennings]. Just too many mistakes. A lot of stuff to clean up for sure.”

Keep in mind, in this game Deebo Samuel lost a fumble in the red zone and the defense, whom he just said "kept them in the game" blew two coverages pretty badly leading to two touchdowns. 

He just owned it because regardless of their mistakes, he made quite a few on his own and as the QB he's just going to take accountability for it all. It's a talking point because it's so rare that even the young guys fail at the post game stuff and Wilson hasn't been the greatest at that the last couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If he was struggling but taking accountability, he'd probably still be the starter. But when you're a little pretentious kid who's acting like you're not the problem, you deserve to get benched.

Did JaWalrus have a better attitude in the NFL than Wilson? 

15 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Did JaWalrus have a better attitude in the NFL than Wilson? 

I doubt it. Remember that was pre-draft slot set pay. Walrus was making 10x what Zach is. To busy pimping Crunk Juice!

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Agreed. He had two terrible games against a top 3 defense managed by BB. Now that he's going to face an actually middling defense we bench him? How does that make sense if you are trying to evaluate a young QB?

I don’t get the “playing a top 3 D” argument. Sailing/skipping balls to a open receivers, showing poor ball placement, wild footwork, and now uninspiring leadership/intangibles has nothing to do with the defenses he’s facing.

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t get the “playing a top 3 D” argument. Sailing/skipping balls to an open receivers, showing poor ball placement, wild footwork, and now uninspiring leadership/intangibles has nothing to do with the defenses he’s facing.

It’s more about boosting his confidence and seeing if he can bounce back. I think he’s panicking and that’s making him inaccurate. Playing in NE is hard enough, but the Jets make it their Super Bowl. The Bears game wouldn’t be the same type of game.

Eventually he’s gonna start again though. I don’t see MW starting past the Bills and starting Flacco would be the white flag anyways, so might as well start Zach. Then next year we probably go get a real vet to start (like actually start) and let ZW finally sit and learn.