2022 GDT 3-7 Steelers Visit 4-6-1 Colts on MNF

Steeler Hitman

original_20201227211448.jpg

Monday, 11/28/22 @ 8:00 pm @ Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN 

All Time Series History: Steelers lead 26-6-0 including winning the last seven straight

Really? Is that right? 😬 Last meeting was won by Steelers 28-24 on 12/27/20 at Heinz Field

These are two football teams that have not played to their expectations and full potential.

Colts are coming off a strong performance against the Eagles that they lost at the end 17-16.

Steelers offense scored 30 points (although 7 points in garbage time), but the defense gave up 37 to the Bengals minus Chase Young and RB Joe Mixon for most of the game. 🤬

z3fvsvgjjbi6isvf2nod.jpg

Five??? Is that number of wins or where we draft in the first round?

ugva0fjmnfcklovt7tzx.jpg

A picture may be worth a 1000 words, but here's five: Not a blocker in sight!

ipyembqcvd6crcmemfkz.jpg

While 2022 had mixed results, this may well be a classic rivalry/brawl for years to come with these two at the QB helm. Advantage Burrow and Bengals on this Sunday. 

USATSI_15393268-e1620322091972.jpg?width

The Colts have a core of players that are tough and very competitive on both sides of the ball.

a6620ad0-20c6-11ed-a40d-c104dc53b263_ORI

My absolute favorite NFL OL resides on the Colts. 

Jeff_Saturday_Photo.jpg

The Steelers and Colts are two franchises who have struggled in 2022.  The Colts even changed HC and added former player and analyst Jeff Saturday.

Colts are playing at home, so I give them the advantage. Who knows what version Steelers or Colts teams will show up? 

5741275637_945d9b99ba_o.jpg

2 hours ago, August4th said:

I think the pass rush is gonna kill Ryan.

Their O Line has played much better since Saturday was named interim HC. Not disagreeing with you but worth noting they have protected Ryan a lot better the last two weeks than they did at the beginning of the season where it felt like Ryan was getting sacked every other play.

Philly did get off 4 sacks last week but they have one of the best and deepest front 7s in the league. They kept him very clean against Oakland the week before. Their run blocking also has been miles better the past two weeks.

Edited by bigben07MVP

23 hours ago, AFF said:

My annoying obligatory “I hope they lose  but some of the younger guys make some good plays” comment…

Sadly I think they win this one.

I am a fan at heart and will never root for them to (tank) or lose. However,  secretly, losing would benefit them the most going forward.  They play four quarters like they did the first half against the Bengals and they would have won. Colts have had me scratching my head all season as I predicted they would be playing Buffalo in the AFCCG before the season.  All depends on which Steelers or Colts show up on Monday night. 

14 hours ago, jebrick said:

I think the Colts will run all over the Steelers.

This team is so hot or cold, left or right, you don't really know which Steelers team will show up. I could see this happening or them playing defense like they did against the Dolphins in the second half. 

3 hours ago, August4th said:

liked what I saw from Master during his limited run during preseason. maybe he's the guy to push snell off this roster next yr.

Im convinced Snell has dirt on this team.    Probably got it from Antwon Blake and Trai Essex.

• Like 1

One of the highlights of the Big Ben era, given the number of close games, was getting to watch Mike Tomlin personally cost the Steelers at least one, if not two, contests per year with bungled end game management. This would usually result in the Steelers finishing several spots lower in the standards than they otherwise should have. It was like clockwork. We can look back nearly every year in the 2010's and find examples.

This year, the play on the field has been so bad that there really haven't been too many chances for us to harp on things like clock management or applying time pressure to opponents by not using TO's. Things of that nature, obviously. 

This year, the team just well and truly sucks. Every week, though, there are Steelers fans in these threads saying that they think this week is the week they pull out a win. These aren't the same old Steelers. It's a primetime game on the road, and while the Colts suck, too, the fanbase is kind of actually rallying behind Saturday. He's a local hero and I'm going to bet the novelty is fun for the fanbase in a lost season. 

Anyway, maybe I'll spend the next few days reminiscing over some of Tomlin's greatest hits over the years? Nothing like a Tomlin coached Steelers team to make me feel thankful over the holidays.

9 hours ago, 43M said:

Im convinced Snell has dirt on this team.    Probably got it from Antwon Blake and Trai Essex.

I’ll give Snell credit on this: he’s turned himself into a nice ST contributor. Of course what hurts is now we have a bunch of ST guys that can’t contribute on offense/defense when before we have a bunch of offense/defense guys who couldn’t contribute on ST.