Justin Fields has a separated nonthrowing shoulder; on pace to return vs Packers

biggie.

Yep I’d fully be willing to sit him the season if that’s what it takes. At the same time, I’ll definitely be bummed if Fields ends with less than 1k rush yards. 

This outcome is exactly what there was to expect of a team that decided not to help Justin with protection or help in the receiving game. If it took them partway into the season to decide he was the franchise’s guy, they decided too late. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

I feel like we’ve been here before. Remember with Mayfield, “so what if he has a torn labrum it’s his non throwing…” And he was a disaster.

Granted Mayfield is a trash QB to begin with.

And Fields is...what? The hype around him is kind of funny. He's made marginal at best strides as a passer. He's had his small amount of success with his legs, which should be opening things up in the passing game for him. You probably aren't going to get easier throws against defenses than what he's currently facing from defenses.

16 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

And Fields is...what? The hype around him is kind of funny. He's made marginal at best strides as a passer. He's had his small amount of success with his legs, which should be opening things up in the passing game for him. You probably aren't going to get easier throws against defenses than what he's currently facing from defenses.

Did you go to Michigan or something?....he has set like multiple records this season already...like legit historical games.... I'm on my phone now but google them

32 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Did you go to Michigan or something?....he has set like multiple records this season already...like legit historical games.... I'm on my phone now but google them

Besides Bears' records, what? On the season so far he has:

59.6% completion - 1642 pass yds - 13TD - 8 INT - 834 rush yds - 7 rush TD - 13 Fumbles

If that's historic, we're in the 1950s. Sure, his rushing games vs the 30th Lions and 15th Dolphins rushing defense was impressive. But that's it.

35 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Besides Bears' records, what? On the season so far he has:

59.6% completion - 1642 pass yds - 13TD - 8 INT - 834 rush yds - 7 rush TD - 13 Fumbles

If that's historic, we're in the 1950s. Sure, his rushing games vs the 30th Lions and 15th Dolphins rushing defense was impressive. But that's it.

That's not quite it but it's ok if you don't pay attention to everything out side your team. He set the single game rushing record for a QB and also had the most rushing yards for a QB over a five game stretch.

21 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

That's not quite it but it's ok if you don't pay attention to everything out side your team. He set the single game rushing record for a QB and also had the most rushing yards for a QB over a five game stretch.

I don't think there's anyone questioning what Fields is doing as a runner is nice.

It's what he's doing with his arm that's the problem.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Good for him. That's amounted to a total 3 wins so far; which include 2 losses in his big running games.

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I don't think there's anyone questioning what Fields is doing as a runner is nice.

It's what he's doing with his arm that's the problem.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Good for him. That's amounted to a total 3 wins so far; which include 2 losses in his big running games.

For both of you did I say anything other than he set some records, I never mentioned his passing or anything else besides the records he set which one of you didn't know.

19 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

For both of you did I say anything other than he set some records, I never mentioned his passing or anything else besides the records he set which one of you didn't know.

You acted as if it was ludicrous (how the post came off to me, at least) to question what he is doing this year as a player because he set some pretty insignificant records as a rushing QB. No rushing QB has ever won anything in this league at this point in time. Right now he's a, what, a really poor man's Lamar Jackson?

And as others have stated, he isn't winning games. While his defense has a lot to say about that, he's had chances to put games away late but couldn't precisely because he can't get it done with his arm.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

You acted as if it was ludicrous (how the post came off to me, at least) to question what he is doing this year as a player because he set some pretty insignificant records as a rushing QB. No rushing QB has ever won anything in this league at this point in time. Right now he's a, what, a really poor man's Lamar Jackson?

And as others have stated, he isn't winning games. While his defense has a lot to say about that, he's had chances to put games away late but couldn't precisely because he can't get it done with his arm.

A comprehension class would probably help you understand better, but you come off as some one who has an agenda. Again as I have stated since it's hard for you, I only stated what records he broke, never mentioned anything else. I didn't even defend Fields as being some great player.

• Like 1