QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Hahaha. Conveniently leaving out the FAs I mentioned 1st and foremost every post about our options.

Comical

I think I understand where our disconnect is.  I'm not content with just a playoff appearance.  Apparently you are.  All the power to you.

19 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure that’s ever happened where a team traded a guy the same off-season they signed the same guy in FA.

Fyi, the Jets sign Bridgewater and traded him away during the same off-season.

Certainly a different teir of player/contract than Garapolo though.

Saleh said the Jets are in no rush with the Rodgers trade, sounds like they are calling the Packer bluff to make it ugly. Draft is almost here, so if the Packers want a 2023 draft pick they will be in a hurry. Otherwise we get to pick 3 players in the first 2 rounds which I am in favor of. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

That sounds like the wet blanket on the pivoting to another QB theory.

I mean, it shows they are very confident that this is going to get done.  No point in hiding it, the Jets been operating this offseason as if Rodgers is their QB. Everything is formality at this point, Saleh and Douglas stated today they are comfortable waiting on the Packers for whatever time period because Rodgers knows the system already. So they are not in a hurry. 

23 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Joe Douglas said he is in no rush to complete trade for Rodgers. Doesn't sound like they want to give up the moon and sun for him like the Packers want. 

Jets know that with Rodgers they are prob picking 25-32 in the 2024 draft. If the packers want a 1st, they will wait till after the draft. 

Joe D will be happy to give a 2024 1st knowing it won't be much better than a 2023 2nd. In fact, the packers would probably even prefer a 2023 2nd to a 2024 1st since they need to give Love all the help possible. 

Saleh already came out and said they are happy waiting until training camp to complete trade. They are going to be running an offense that Rodgers is familiar with, so they don't really need to overpay to have him now. 

The longer these "negotiations" go on, the less leverage the packers will have. Chances are Rodgers wouldn't be doing much in training camp anyway given his HOF status and age. 

Edited by KodiakThunder

18 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Jets know that with Rodgers they are prob picking 25-32 in the 2024 draft. If the packers want a 1st, they will wait till after the draft. 

Joe D will be happy to give a 2024 1st knowing it won't be much better than a 2023 2nd. In fact, the packers would probably even prefer a 2023 2nd to a 2024 1st since they need to give Love all the help possible. 

Saleh already came out and said they are happy waiting until training camp to complete trade. They are going to be running an offense that Rodgers is familiar with, so they don't really need to overpay to have him now. 

The longer these "negotiations" go on, the less leverage the packers will have. Chances are Rodgers wouldn't be doing much in training camp anyway given his HOF status and age. 

IMO, they should wait until after the draft. if they want to go all in, they can add 3 quality players with our first 3 picks who can contribute. 

36 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Since the Jets are in no rush, when do you think these other teams are going to get involved?

SF is gonna get him from us with their imaginary 2023 1st and 2nd round picks. In fact their earliest pick this year is 99

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

IMO, they should wait until after the draft. if they want to go all in, they can add 3 quality players with our first 3 picks who can contribute. 

Agreed. Give up 2024 1st+ (the + being reasonable) and nail these three picks for a run. OL, weapon, defense?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

SF is gonna get him from us with their imaginary 2023 1st and 2nd round picks. In fact their earliest pick this year is 99

Lol half their fan base is ready to take less from another team because they are mad at the Jets

Im just curious as to when GB fans think they will have to go down this road. I would imagine if the draft comes and goes, that’s when these other teams would come knocking, if they are in fact interested.