No team will ever go undefeated

Towerbridge

8 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think it’s less to do with 17 games and more to do with the sheer amount of talented football players in the NFL at any given moment. 

There's that but the extra games absolutely are the difference.

72' Dolphins went 17-0. Big Flippin deal. 07' Patriots eclipsed that winning streak by going 18-0, before losing in the SB (18-1).

Now you're a telling me a Team is supposed to go 20-0 to be considered in the same breath as that 72' Team? It's Joke. Something to make those players happy until thier passing.

If any team now or in the future goes 19-1, or 20-1 if they move to a 18 game schedule while winning the SB that to me is and would be just as impressive if not better.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's that but the extra games absolutely are the difference.

72' Dolphins went 17-0. Big Flippin deal. 07' Patriots eclipsed that winning streak by going 18-0, before losing in the SB.

Now you're a telling me a Team is supposed to go 20-0 to be considered in the same breath as that 72' Team? It's Joke. Something to make those players happy until thier passing.

If any team now or in the future goes 19-1, or 20-1 if they move to a 18 game schedule while winning the SB that to me is and would be just as impressive if not better.

Ya that’s fair I meant the difference from 16-17 not from 14-17 

9 hours ago, lancerman said:

Nobody will go undefeated because no team will ever get a schedule as bad as the 72 Dolphins ever again. It's actually mathematically impossible now. So some team somewhere will face enough good opponents to have a bad day

73 team played a tougher schedule and played better defense. They never talk about it which is wild

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malik said:

73 team played a tougher schedule and played better defense. They never talk about it which is wild

The funny thing is most players that were on both teams (and media at the time) considered the 73 team to easily be the superior team of the two. The 72 team was viewed as very good team that got a weird schedule and a bunch of strange flukey **** capped off by one of the messiest Super Bowls ever. You can very easily look back ay contemporary sentiment at the time. 

Now people act like the 72 team is up there with the 85 Bears, 89 49’ers, 91 Redskins, some of those stacked Dallas teams, etc 

On 11/28/2022 at 12:06 AM, lancerman said:

Nobody will go undefeated because no team will ever get a schedule as bad as the 72 Dolphins ever again. It's actually mathematically impossible now. So some team somewhere will face enough good opponents to have a bad day

It's literally NOT mathematically impossible lol.

• Like 1