WEEK 13 Gameday Thread ---- Green Bay Packers (4-8) @ Chicago Bears (3-9) --- LOVE showcase game???

Striker

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'd think it would take less time due to his overall health, but then there's a gap between "recovered enough to go back to data entry job" and "recovered enough to play in the NFL on Sunday" 

I had laproscopic surgery about 6 yrs ago, and they were like "yeah, you can be back to work in 3-4 wks" and then I told them what I did for a living and they went "let's make it 2 mos." 

The lone time I had laproscopic surgery was for a hysterectomy and I was back to my normal routine in just days.  What did you do for a living that put you out of commission for 2 months?

Edited by Pugger

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The lone time I had laproscopic surgery was for a hysterectomy and I was back to my normal routine in just days.  What did you do gor a living that put you out of commission for 2 months?

I was delivering for a food service company - Sysco, US Foods, etc - I'd go out alone with a trailer full of 5-10 tons of product and spend the next 11-15 hrs breaking down pallets, putting it on a handcart, running it down a ramp, and into bars/restaurants/schools/etc.

When I described that to them they decided "maybe you need to be fully healed before going back to work as opposed to being 60-70%" tI was also minus an internal organ so that probably had something to do with it.

Edited by Mr Bad Example

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

Not gonna lie I got less interested when I found out Rodgers was playing.

I made a pact to not watch Rodgers football the rest of the year before last week lol. Now I await a text of Love coming in or I get nothing

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I made a pact to not watch Rodgers football the rest of the year before last week lol. Now I await a text of Love coming in or I get nothing

From a historical standpoint, you should make an exception for this one. Two oldest franchises in football. The winner has the all-time lead in wins. We've had many chances this year to take the lead but keep losing. I think the Bears have had the lead for the entire history of the NFL, I could be wrong about that point though. 

Today should be the day we finally pass those bastards. 

Rodgers is being selfish, doing the same thing he criticized Favre of doing, taking all the reps. He knows the season is over he should just step aside and Iet Love take over and let the organization see what they have. I hate that they let this guy high jack the organization. Hate that there's no one that will put a stop to this madness and take our franchise back.

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

From a historical standpoint, you should make an exception for this one. Two oldest franchises in football. The winner has the all-time lead in wins. We've had many chances this year to take the lead but keep losing. I think the Bears have had the lead for the entire history of the NFL, I could be wrong about that point though. 

Today should be the day we finally pass those bastards. 

We'll see. I got nothing better to do that's for sure