WEEK 13 Gameday Thread ---- Green Bay Packers (4-8) @ Chicago Bears (3-9) --- LOVE showcase game???

Striker

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

No, I'm saying the Packers aren't sure in what they have with Love by just seeing him in practice. They need to see more game action before they turn the franchise over to him. That was my point from the start.

I replied to NFLGURU who says they know what they have in Love from practice. 

I feel it is more likely that GB knows what they have in Love, because they've seen it on the practice field.  And now they hope that translates into the playing field.

And that makes sense.  Fits what both of you guys are saying.

As only an observer of Love, from pre-season games and such, I can say that I can see a very clear progression from him this year.  One that really has not been there until this point and time.

In pre-season, he was the starter, but playing with backups.  What I liked best about his Philly performance is that he was playing with all the 1's.  He looked in command.  The team certainly did not quit with him out there.  And he seemed to gain confidence with every throw.  

Now...I'm going to say this just as how I feel about what I saw.  I feel like Love had kind of the "Eye of the Tiger" out there.  He looked very confident.  Very sure of himself and of his reads.  He expected to succeed.  That was a much different look than I had seen from him in prior reps.  Tells me that he's preparing to play, as a backup, and preparing to succeed.  Totally love that!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I feel it is more likely that GB knows what they have in Love, because they've seen it on the practice field.  And now they hope that translates into the playing field.

And that makes sense.  Fits what both of you guys are saying.

As only an observer of Love, from pre-season games and such, I can say that I can see a very clear progression from him this year.  One that really has not been there until this point and time.

In pre-season, he was the starter, but playing with backups.  What I liked best about his Philly performance is that he was playing with all the 1's.  He looked in command.  The team certainly did not quit with him out there.  And he seemed to gain confidence with every throw.  

Now...I'm going to say this just as how I feel about what I saw.  I feel like Love had kind of the "Eye of the Tiger" out there.  He looked very confident.  Very sure of himself and of his reads.  He expected to succeed.  That was a much different look than I had seen from him in prior reps.  Tells me that he's preparing to play, as a backup, and preparing to succeed.  Totally love that!

The last paragraph sums it up perfectly! He came in to succeed, rather than hoping he didn't screw us. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

The last paragraph sums it up perfectly! He came in to succeed, rather than hoping he didn't screw us. 

Yeah.  I'd say he came in to succeed, because he prepared for it, as opposed to coming in to survive and just "hope" that he doesn't have brown liquid running down his legs.  (TJ Rubley)

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Now it's looking like fields will play so a very real chance we lose this game.  Should be fun to watch a replay of last week against a worse team across the board.

There's not a very real chance we lose this game. Beyond Jaylon Johnson it's looking like this will be the Bears secondary: DeAndre Carter-Houston, Josh Blackwell, Kindle Vildor, Elijah Hicks, Justin Layne. Couple that with the last place team in the league in sacks and it should be exactly what our passing game needs to cook. Will be the first time this year that whole WR group is healthy and together. 

Like I said, a loss this week or next game tells me the players have quit on LaFleur, like Mac vs the Cardinals. Not sure that's fixable.

That said, I expect this one to be comfy, 38-27 with a late Bears TD. Sure Fields will run for 150, but not sure what/who else moves the ball for the Bears. That's a nasty bad roster without the injuries, with them, it's every bit as bad as the Texans. 

• Like 1

Bak is out with a knee appendix removal. Guess this shuts him down for the year.

Who plays LT? I would expect Tom is next up whether it's LT or RT and Nijman is LT. Interesting option would be Caleb Jones, but I don't see him getting a chance. 

Let's use the balance of the season to figure out if our LT of the future is on the roster. It ain't E. Jenkins IMO. Don't need another big contract on the offensive line. Especially given knee injury from last year. He doesn't appear to be the same guy. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Old Guy said:

Bak is out with a knee. Do we shut him down for the year? End of a career? Inquiring minds want to know.

Who plays LT? I would expect Tom is next up whether it's LT or RT and Nijman is LT. Interesting option would be Caleb Jones, but I don't see him getting a chance. 

Let's use the balance of the season to figure out if our LT of the future is on the roster. It ain't E. Jenkins IMO. Don't need another big contract on the offensive line. Especially given knee injury from last year. He doesn't appear to be the same guy. 

The simplest thing is insert Tom at LT to keep continuity at other positions. 

Knowing thus team, probably something like.....

Move Njiman to LT, Jenkins to RT, Runyan to LG and Tom to RG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I'm thinking all the movement was a joke given the mess our O-line has been. If not,

😬

That was an unmitigated disaster when he was a RT earlier in the year. I'm OK with giving Walker a go at RT over Jenkins. 

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Bak is out with a knee appendix removal. He was on the injury report with a knee but ESPN just reported it was his appendix. Guessing that shuts him down for the year though. Might be a good thing for his long-term health as far as the knee goes. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Didn't Tom play LT a few weeks ago?  I want to say Bakh came out for a bit and instead of shuffling everyone around they just put Tom in there.  I didn't watch him too closely so I don't remember how well he did.

20 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Didn't Tom play LT a few weeks ago?  I want to say Bakh came out for a bit and instead of shuffling everyone around they just put Tom in there.  I didn't watch him too closely so I don't remember how well he did.

Yes, but Bak was a gameday scratch, so they didn't have time to practice with a different line up. We just inserted Tom rather than shuffle around the line. Assume that will be the move they make but Bak isn't coming back for at least a few weeks and if we are eliminated, I would guess we just IR him for the year if we were out of it mathematically. 

• Like 1