WEEK 13 Gameday Thread ---- Green Bay Packers (4-8) @ Chicago Bears (3-9) --- LOVE showcase game???

Striker

6 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

That has nothing to do with it.  Based on your statement then every team would be starting him at QB this week.

You criticized AR for doing what every team wants their players to do.  Suit up if at all possible.   There have been numerous times where the team sat the player, including QB's, "for his own good."   The player gets accolades for being a team guy.

You are finding a way to criticize Rodgers where it is undeserved.   You are absolving Gute and MFL from making the decision that is theirs to make.

If you want to criticize someone for playing AR then it has to be on MLF and Gute.    You blaming Rodgers makes absolutely zero sense and is taking a cheap shot where one is not deserved.

Not sure what is so hard to understand about the situation.   

I would venture a guess that 32 out of 32 HC/GMs would be starting Aaron Rodgers over Jordan Love.  The only ones that might start Jordan Love over Aaron Rodgers would be teams who are either pretty much officially eliminated (i.e. Houston) or teams that are probably more interested in next year (i.e. Carolina).  I'm not criticizing Rodgers.  I'm not sure where you're getting that notion.  Nor am I criticizing LaFleur/Gute for doing what 31 other franchises would do.  Just like I didn't think that any GM/HC would trade Rodgers last offseason.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I would venture a guess that 32 out of 32 HC/GMs would be starting Aaron Rodgers over Jordan Love.  The only ones that might start Jordan Love over Aaron Rodgers would be teams who are either pretty much officially eliminated (i.e. Houston) or teams that are probably more interested in next year (i.e. Carolina).  I'm not criticizing Rodgers.  I'm not sure where you're getting that notion.  Nor am I criticizing LaFleur/Gute for doing what 31 other franchises would do.  Just like I didn't think that any GM/HC would trade Rodgers last offseason.

Which should be us.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The Bears are pretty beat up so there is a chance we could pull this one off and get a W this week.  One thing we have going for us for those wanting us to tank is the game is at Soldier Field.

I'm fully expecting a Packers' win.  Unless the defense falls apart again, this should be a Packers win by 10+ points.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

If we lose that could be us by the next game. Fire Barry and shut down Rodgers. However, we have to lose to Chicago for that to happen...

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm fully expecting a Packers' win.  Unless the defense falls apart again, this should be a Packers win by 10+ points.

The only thing that keeps this one in contention is the rivalry. Division games can still be unpredictable even when one team is much better than the other and the margin is not that great this season. 12 has given them a lifetime of bulletin board material, probably has his own personal bulletin board, and I love that. They will be looking to make him think hard about his choice to play injured in this one. Just win, baby!

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The Packers are all but officially eliminated from the playoffs at this point.  It should be Jordan Love's team right now.  It won't be until they're officially eliminated.

But you still didn't answer the question I posed.  Which HC would bench Aaron Rodgers?

Current roster make up? Andy Reid, guy in Buffalo at the top of my mind. 

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well my excitement for this game is about a 2/10 now that Rodgers will play. Doubs potentially playing along with the chance for Watson to catch another couple TDs is really the sole reason I'll tune it.

Our best chance to keep the tank going is for beat up Rodgers to start. 

Love, running MFL's offense as intended, would torch the Bears. 

Rodgers' doing Rodgers version of MFL's offense gives the Bears a chance. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's generally a partnership.  Name me a SINGLE HC that would bench Aaron Rodgers.  I can't think of a single one.

There is none, if the medicals checks out.

Sirius XM was talking about this.  Pat Kirwan.  Someone who has forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know.

I'll summarize.

You play Rodgers if he's cleared to play.  He gives you the best chance to win.  He plays until the team is mathematically eliminated and then it should be time to see what Love can do.

Love is getting attention now based off of 6/9 passing.  And he deserves it.  Backup QB's are the easiest to root for.

And regarding Love....if he were the GM, he'd pass on the 5'th year option and instead give Love a 3 year deal in the off-season (with the final year as a voided year).  Built in escalators for starting.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

There is none, if the medicals checks out.

Sirius XM was talking about this.  Pat Kirwan.  Someone who has forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know.

I'll summarize.

You play Rodgers if he's cleared to play.  He gives you the best chance to win.  He plays until the team is mathematically eliminated and then it should be time to see what Love can do.

Love is getting attention now based off of 6/9 passing.  And he deserves it.  Backup QB's are the easiest to root for.

And regarding Love....if he were the GM, he'd pass on the 5'th year option and instead give Love a 3 year deal in the off-season (with the final year as a voided year).  Built in escalators for starting.

Yep .. I'm almost expecting Love to get an extension of some sort instead of the more rigid 5th year option. 

Also, Love's performance the other day is getting a lot of attention in general.  His arm strength caught the attention of a lot of folks.  Darius Slay was hyping up Love yesterday .. said the Packers have a bright future with him.

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yep .. I'm almost expecting Love to get an extension of some sort instead of the more rigid 5th year option. 

Also, Love's performance the other day is getting a lot of attention in general.  His arm strength caught the attention of a lot of folks.  Darius Slay was hyping up Love yesterday .. said the Packers have a bright future with him.

He isn't wrong, that's for sure.  That velocity was tough to miss.  Jones missed it, obviously, as the ball got to him quicker than he thought it would.

Love did everything we wanted him to show if he had to play any real snaps this year.

Now...he needs to build on it and prove it again when that time comes and it could come quickly.

Let's prove that last week was not a "one off".

• Like 1