WEEK 13 Gameday Thread ---- Green Bay Packers (4-8) @ Chicago Bears (3-9) --- LOVE showcase game???

Striker

8 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont think the Packers have this overwhelming desire to see Love play.  They see him every day.  You and I don't see him so there is a lot of curiosity.  I think he'll get his shot in the last few weeks.  I think they know or have a really good idea of what they'll get from Love.  

The same Green Bay Packers who weren't sure what they had in Aaron Rodgers until he came in relief of Brett Favre against Dallas? I'm sure they saw Rodgers every day in practice. Yet they weren't sure if he could play until the bullets were live. 

This is a really bad take. 

• Like 4

On 11/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

I'm sure Rodgers does want to be out there whether he's healthy or hobbled, and I don't blame him for that.  But if Matt LaFleur can't even manage to sit his QB when he's hurt, then he needs to be fired or resign today.  You either rule the locker room, or the inmates run the asylum and you become nothing more than a figurehead, and that shouldn't be tolerated here.

IMO Rodgers wanting to be out there is a good thing.  If he is out there battling with his teammates even though he isn't 100% shows what kind of leader he is.  His teammates see him gutting it out then they will too.  As a coach you want your locker room leaders to show the way until we are mathematically eliminated.  I'm sure this season we will see Love soon enough.

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Fields was a full participant in practice yesterday. Looks like another QB running for 100+ yards against Joe Barely Cares defense. 

I hate that I agree with this.

For us to win, if Fields plays, is for us to actually come out pissed off about the prior game.  Talking about physicality and scheme.

If we come out and look shellshocked or give up the same crap, that will be Barry has officially lost the defense....and that should mean he loses a job, too.  

So either outcome is fine by me.

I'll be interested to see how teams will now play Watson.  He's gotta be on the defense's gameplan now.  Like when the defense gets together, they need to now limit the run and contain Watson.  In theory, that should open up other things for the offense.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The same Green Bay Packers who weren't sure what they had in Aaron Rodgers until he came in relief of Brett Favre against Dallas? I'm sure they saw Rodgers every day in practice. Yet they weren't sure if he could play until the bullets were live. 

This is a really bad take. 

Nonsense.   They saw enough in practice and Rodgers little game experience in Dallas to show Favre the door with seeing VERY LITTLE of Rodgers in games. 

It would be great to see Love get some experience in games, but these coaches know full well what he can do.  Winning is the priority, seeing Jordan Love play isnt at this point.   Love will get his shot in the coming months, its more about getting him some experience than a tryout.   Jordan Love is here next year regardless.

• Like 1

This is this season’s Super Bowl.

Have to take that all-time wins.

I hope it’s a complete dismantling of the Bears with Jaire getting multiple interceptions and Engabare having a double sack game, maybe Wyatt can show something.

Hopefully Watson goes off again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Nonsense.   They saw enough in practice and Rodgers little game experience in Dallas to show Favre the door with seeing VERY LITTLE of Rodgers in games. 

It would be great to see Love get some experience in games, but these coaches know full well what he can do.  Winning is the priority, seeing Jordan Love play isnt at this point.   Love will get his shot in the coming months, its more about getting him some experience than a tryout.   Jordan Love is here next year regardless.

It is well documented that my statement is true, but you keep believing you are the expert. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It is well documented that my statement is true, but you keep believing you are the expert. 

Not saying you are incorrect, but....if my memory is true (sometimes it is not), a story came out about the coaching staff being split about whether to start Favre that last season, or roll with Rodgers.  The point being...some coaches that year thought that Aaron was ready.

I know that us fans hadn't seen enough to make a determination, but perhaps some coaches did.  Again, if my memory is correct.

Also....could have been just a puff piece to make us all feel better about Rodgers starting when Favre "retired".

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not saying you are incorrect, but....if my memory is true (sometimes it is not), a story came out about the coaching staff being split about whether to start Favre that last season, or roll with Rodgers.  The point being...some coaches that year thought that Aaron was ready.

I know that us fans hadn't seen enough to make a determination, but perhaps some coaches did.  Again, if my memory is correct.

Also....could have been just a puff piece to make us all feel better about Rodgers starting when Favre "retired".

There was a story out where one of the executives was celebrating after the Cowboys game because they knew they had a quarterback. There was uncertainty. They thought he was improving and was looking good in practice but until that game they didn't know. I want to say it was Schneider who they quoted in the article but not positive. 

Rodgers, in his game action was awful up to that point. When I say awful, that is being generous. 

Love in his limited action Thursday looked damn good! Light years ahead of where he had been in the past. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

There was a story out where one of the executives was celebrating after the Cowboys game because they knew they had a quarterback. There was uncertainty. They thought he was improving and was looking good in practice but until that game they didn't know. I want to say it was Schneider who they quoted in the article but not positive. 

Rodgers, in his game action was awful up to that point. When I say awful, that is being generous. 

Love in his limited action Thursday looked damn good! Light years ahead of where he had been in the past. 

I get it.  You feel Love looked good.  I agree.  I will say this...temper the enthusiasm just a little.  He was 6/9.  I'm thrilled for his 6/9 but I do want to see him do it again and do it when facing some blitzes, stunts and things like that.  But he certainly, 100% passed this test.

Regarding Rodgers back then?  I'm not doubting what you remember, so long as you don't doubt what I remember.

I can say this about Rodgers and that Dallas game.  He had to play more (longer) and the game was competitive when he went in.  Love got limited time in a game that was more or less decided.

Edited by vegas492

I hadn't thought about it much until Packerraymond brought it up, but thinking back to the Philly game, there was a notable difference in the velocity of Love's and Rodger's passes, probably due to Rodgers' health issues. With his injuries, I could see Rodgers getting picked off a couple of times in Chicago. Starting a banged up QB outside in the cold just isn't a good idea. I really want GB to get the all-time wins title.

One other thing, if Barry uses the same crap defense against another running QB, my head will explode. 

As Outpost said, this is really our super bowl this year. Playoffs are a fast fading dream.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

This is this season’s Super Bowl.

Have to take that all-time wins.

I hope it’s a complete dismantling of the Bears with Jaire getting multiple interceptions and Engabare having a double sack game, maybe Wyatt can show something.

Hopefully Watson goes off again.

We want CHI to take it back though for the tank. We can get the record next year.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I get it.  You feel Love looked good.  I agree.  I will say this...temper the enthusiasm just a little.  He was 6/9.  I'm thrilled for his 6/9 but I do want to see him do it again and do it when facing some blitzes, stunts and things like that.  But he certainly, 100% passed this test.

Regarding Rodgers back then?  I'm doubting what you remember, so long as you don't doubt what I remember.

I can say this about Rodgers and that Dallas game.  He had to play more (longer) and the game was competitive when he went in.  Love got limited time in a game that was more or less decided.

Agree, Love looked good.  The Packers saw it too.  Jordan Love isn't going to shock the Packers with his performance.   There is no rush to see him,  and MLF is far more concerned about winning every single game he can.  Love will see his time, and I hope he shines when he does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Regarding Rodgers back then?  I'm not doubting what you remember, so long as you don't doubt what I remember.

No, I'm saying the Packers aren't sure in what they have with Love by just seeing him in practice. They need to see more game action before they turn the franchise over to him. That was my point from the start.

I replied to NFLGURU who says they know what they have in Love from practice.