WEEK 13 Gameday Thread ---- Green Bay Packers (4-8) @ Chicago Bears (3-9) --- LOVE showcase game???

Striker

Basically, Barry should sell out to stop the run like he did vs TN. It didn't work there, but while TN's passing game is limited, there are legit threats there and Tannehill is a competent enough thrower. 

The Bears don't have that - best WR Mooney is out, 2nd best WR....I don't even know if they have anyone who qualifies. And while Fields has shown a pulse throwing the ball lately, I think it's pretty apparent you'd prefer to make him beat you that way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I'm sure Rodgers does want to be out there whether he's healthy or hobbled, and I don't blame him for that.  But if Matt LaFleur can't even manage to sit his QB when he's hurt, then he needs to be fired or resign today.  You either rule the locker room, or the inmates run the asylum and you become nothing more than a figurehead, and that shouldn't be tolerated here.

Favre played a whole year with a broken thumb. Did you want the coach fired then, too?

If all you knew was that Rodgers had "a thumb injury" would you be supportive of him not playing even though he's making $50m? 

Some of this is all just bull****. Rodgers is doing everything he can to play, and that's what you expect of your starting qb- especially when he's making that kind of money. The real question is whether a healthy Jordan Love is better than injured Aaron Rodgers. I'm really not convinced he is. Rodgers has had moments of looking pretty good even with his limitations. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toddfather said:

If we lose that could be us by the next game. Fire Barry and shut down Rodgers. However, we have to lose to Chicago for that to happen...

Mathematically speaking, the Packers can't be eliminated this weekend.  Even if Washington wins, Green Bay is still technically alive.

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

The only thing that keeps this one in contention is the rivalry. Division games can still be unpredictable even when one team is much better than the other and the margin is not that great this season. 12 has given them a lifetime of bulletin board material, probably has his own personal bulletin board, and I love that. They will be looking to make him think hard about his choice to play injured in this one. Just win, baby!

Pretty much.  Although, Justin Fields being available makes the Bears a LOT more dangerous.  And not because he's some gifted passer.

19 hours ago, chefj85 said:

Favre played a whole year with a broken thumb. Did you want the coach fired then, too?

If all you knew was that Rodgers had "a thumb injury" would you be supportive of him not playing even though he's making $50m? 

Some of this is all just bull****. Rodgers is doing everything he can to play, and that's what you expect of your starting qb- especially when he's making that kind of money. The real question is whether a healthy Jordan Love is better than injured Aaron Rodgers. I'm really not convinced he is. Rodgers has had moments of looking pretty good even with his limitations. 

Bit of a difference between a thumb or even a full hand injury and now having that and rib injuries which if you saw the last game he was definitely the case.  He was in very serious pain even just getting back to the huddle.  And I'm not a Rodgers hater at all, but I think everyone in Packer land including all Rodgers supporters should want to see Love start this next game and start others for a couple reasons:

1. This is the perfect opportunity to do so because this season ends at the final gun against Detroit, period full stop.  Playoffs are over as we're not winning out, but even if we did 9-8 won't get us in.

2. I think we'd both agree there's a good chance we would need Rodgers back next season, and if so, I say go ahead and shut him down and see what Love can do since this season is lost anyway.  If Love stinks, then trade him off, draft another QB and go back to Rodgers next season when he's healed and we got more weapons for him to go on a tear with hopefully.

Anyway, sooner or later this coaching staff has to just write this season off as lost, and it's time to see about the future.  And besides, you don't draft a future QB with the expectation that he's going to wait on the bench 4 or 5 years for his start.

I dont think the Packers have this overwhelming desire to see Love play.  They see him every day.  You and I don't see him so there is a lot of curiosity.  I think he'll get his shot in the last few weeks.  I think they know or have a really good idea of what they'll get from Love.  

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont think the Packers have this overwhelming desire to see Love play.  They see him every day.  You and I don't see him so there is a lot of curiosity.  I think he'll get his shot in the last few weeks.  I think they know or have a really good idea of what they'll get from Love.  

Amari Rodgers was really good in practice too.  It's all different when the bullets start flying.  They want to see him in live action.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Amari Rodgers was really good in practice too.  It's all different when the bullets start flying.  They want to see him in live action.

Also, he was playing against our kickoff coverage. Coaches probably thought he was the next desmond howard

• Like 1