Week 13 Football Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The broncos have an excellent defense. I like watching that unit. 

there’s nothing on the Texans I like watching 

Dameon Pierce was exciting for a few weeks - like a mini Marshawn Lynch, just ran with a bunch of bad intentions. He’s hit a rookie wall, so it’s been less exciting lately.

But yeah, you’re not really wrong on the Texans.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Dameon Pierce was exciting for a few weeks - like a mini Marshawn Lynch, just ran with a bunch of bad intentions. He’s hit a rookie wall, so it’s been less exciting lately.

But yeah, you’re not really wrong on the Texans.

I’m ready for the Jags to go on a 5 game winning streak and lose to the Texans week 17. It’s inevitable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m ready for the Jags to go on a 5 game winning streak and lose to the Texans week 17. It’s inevitable.

I think this is the year you get that W in Houston. I sincerely think this team has quit on Lovie Smith - it’s clear in his post game press conference he’s losing patience and that trickles down into the locker room before violently vomiting its way back up on Smith.

We sort of knew it then when he was hired, but we definitely know it now - the game has passed Lovie up. His brand of football was good in the late 90s/early 00s, but todays’ football is so far ahead of him. He’s lost, and he’s getting frustrated on how lost he is.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think this is the year you get that W in Houston. I sincerely think this team has quit on Lovie Smith - it’s clear in his post game press conference he’s losing patience and that trickles down into the locker room before violently vomiting its way back up on Smith.

We sort of knew it then when he was hired, but we definitely know it now - the game has passed Lovie up. His brand of football was good in the late 90s/early 00s, but todays’ football is so far ahead of him. He’s lost, and he’s getting frustrated on how lost he is.

You guys own us, so until I see us beat you, I’m going to expect an L every time.

Would McCown be a possible replacement or was he an Easterby guy?

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You guys own us, so until I see us beat you, I’m going to expect an L every time.

Would McCown be a possible replacement or was he an Easterby guy?

He was an Easterby guy - the building has pretty much confirmed as such:

People forget that McCown was a finalist during the David Culley search - I honestly think McCown was going to get the job before the league office stepped in and said “If you hire this guy over Brian Flores, you’re basically screwing the entire league with this discrimination lawsuit,” and the Texans obliged by making a hasty interview and hire with Lovie Smith.

I HOPE Nick Caserio can make an informed decision on his own if/when he makes his next HC decision. Both Culley and Lovie were brought in under extenuating circumstances - Culley was always going to be a fall guy during the Watson fallout, Lovie was a direct response to the Brian Flores discrimination lawsuit - Caserio finally has picks, cap space and no devil whispering in his ear…

…so I’m totally expecting Steve Belicheck.

Lot of good matchups this week. Bills-Patriots, Jets-Vikings, Titans-Eagles, Giants-Commanders, Chiefs-Bengals & Dolphins-49ers - all these teams have winning records & are in the playoffs currently except the Pats (8th seed)

Jags-Lions should be a shootout. Chargers-Raiders could be too. Packers-Bears is intriguing also with the Rodgers/Love drama and Fields has been exciting. And Browns-Texans is up there with Watson returning to the Texans. 

Really, the only games that look bad are Broncos-Ravens, maybe Steelers-Falcons and Seahawks-Rams (if Stafford isn't playing)

Looking forward to a good week of Football!

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Lot of good matchups this week. Bills-Patriots, Jets-Vikings, Titans-Eagles, Giants-Commanders, Chiefs-Bengals & Dolphins-49ers - all these teams have winning records & are in the playoffs currently except the Pats (8th seed)

Jags-Lions should be a shootout. Chargers-Raiders could be too. Packers-Bears is intriguing also with the Rodgers/Love drama and Fields has been exciting. And Browns-Texans is up there with Watson returning to the Texans. 

Really, the only games that look bad are Broncos-Ravens, maybe Steelers-Falcons and Seahawks-Rams (if Stafford isn't playing)

Looking forward to a good week of Football!

All these good games and yet the Sunday night game is the Cowboys vs a woeful Colts team and the Monday Nighter features two teams under .500 in the Saints vs Bucs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Damn... shots fired.

So when the pick happens, PP immediately starts dancing.

Then he does a headset and controller dance in the endzone to mock the Call of Duty thing with Murray.

Then baby Yoda imitation.

THEN he grills their sideline.

He didn't even make the pick lol, he hates them now.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The broncos have an excellent defense. I like watching that unit. 

there’s nothing on the Texans I like watching 

Yet the Texans may have quietly figured out a blueprint on how to stop the Dolphins. It was interesting to watch...completely sell out vs the run, daring Tua to pass. Seems backwards, yet...

It kinda worked! In a meaningless game for Houston, the defense was flying to the ball, laying hits on Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, and Tua. You could see the wooziness late in the 2nd quarter, the Texans were so physical.