Week 13 Football Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Love that from Burks and Vrabel to be honest. 

Damn, what a good boss.

Love to see that.

Also, the player owning a mistake even on a play that had a great end result

Quite honestly, seeing this bumps up my rooting interest for the titans this year in the playoffs

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 7:58 AM, ET80 said:

…but they gave up 30 points in like, 20 minutes. I don’t think it’s a blueprint, but moreso frustration finally seeping out.

You have to admit the Texans defense was playing well in the Fins game. The Houston offense was so bad but the defense...much respect. 

The way the Texans were flying to the ball was rather incredible. Felt like the Patriots doing the smashmouth vs the Greatest Show On Turf in the Super Bowl. 

"Yeah you'll make the catch Rams guy, but you *will* pay for it, little tiny WR. Oh, you will pay."

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean he shouldn't really, a lot of Lamar's best plays in that season were off-script.

What’s “a lot”? 

He was the OC calling the plays. If it was all Lamar then it should be all Lamar now and the offense should be balling at the 2019 Level

15 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

If it was all Lamar then it should be all Lamar now and the offense should be balling at the 2019 Level

I never understood this logic. 

[insert great player] is playing under [insert crappy OC]. Let’s say one year, in spite of crappy playcalling, the team is talented and the great player has a great season because…he’s great. Then the following year, the playcalling is still crappy, but there are some injuries and the team’s lost some talent. The great player is still great but not quite MVP caliber. 

It’s pretty much never quite that simple, but it sort of goes along with the theme of “all the credit, all the blame” stuff. Like no, winning in spite of a weak link on the team doesn’t (necessarily) mean the weak link deserves credit, and losing in spite of a strong player/group/coach doesn’t mean that they deserve the brunt of the blame. The weak links, the crappy coaches, the undisciplined positional groups - whoever it ends up being - deserve the blame. The good QBs, the good play callers, the playmakers on offense/defense - they deserve the credit.

• Like 2