HoF Semifinalists Announced

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, LaserFocus said:

It depends on how you feel about winning. If you believe it's luck, by all means put in a receiver like Brandon Marshall who somehow hasn't made a single postseason and been passed around the league(along with his problems. Boldin does have a case. If you think winning a SB MVP and having a strong postseason history is also luck, you're entitled to your opinion.

If you somehow think finishing a career in the top ten lifetime in the NFL isn't HOF territory(along with other qualifications), you're entitled to your opinion. It's not all about the individual numbers, people. This is one of the negative aspects to the growth of fantasy football.

Top 10 in what statistic? He's 14th in catches, 25th in yards, 15th in touchdowns. 

He had less than 1000 yards in 8 of his 14 seasons, less than 1100 in 11 of 14 seasons. More often than not he wasn't that good of a receiver honestly, just serviceable.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Ward didn't put up HoF numbers in his career, the only season where it could have been considered would be 2002. In all other 13 seasons he has no business even being discussed for the HoF. If he didn't win multiple Super Bowls with Pittsburgh, we aren't having this discussion at all. If he played for the Jaguars, many people would have likely forgot he existed. If Hines Ward is a HoF then you have to put the likes of AnQuan Boldin and Brandon Marshall in there as well.

I feel like there are many people in this community who have very low standards for the HoF.

But those guys do have HoF arguments...

On 11/22/2017 at 5:33 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd love to see Leroy Butler get in eventually.  He's one of less than 10 players in NFL history to finish his career with 20 sacks and 30 interceptions.  38 career interceptions, 20.5 sacks, 13 forced fumbles and 2 touchdowns (including inventing the Lambeau Leap).  John Lynch (26 interceptions, 13 sacks, 0 touchdowns, 10 forced fumbles) will probably get in before him, and that's a damn shame.  He likely has no shot since it just so happens that two of the other 30/20 club members are eligible this year in Barber and Dawkins. 

So when does the only 30/30 DB get in?

On 11/26/2017 at 10:38 AM, freak_of_nature said:

If Urlacher is a finalist, then Zach Thomas should be a finalist.

As a Bears fan I loved watching Zach play. Always underrated.

Hell I used to trade for him and put Urlacher, him and Briggs together in Madden. If it was a 4-3 Urlacher went to LOLB to help cover TEs and get some pass rush due to his speed, and in a 3-4 Briggs and Thomas dominated as my ILBs. Good memories.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:12 AM, Danger said:

Top 10 in what statistic? He's 14th in catches, 25th in yards, 15th in touchdowns. 

He had less than 1000 yards in 8 of his 14 seasons, less than 1100 in 11 of 14 seasons. More often than not he wasn't that good of a receiver honestly, just serviceable.

Top ten in lifetime receptions at the time of his retirement. We can't penalize players for the era in which they played. Take a look a where 1990s QBs stand now.

Archived