2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

Geez, it’s like a funeral in here lol. Sure this year most likely will suck but the future really doesn’t feel that bleak to me. The Athletic Football Show actually touched on our draft and this topic just yesterday. 2024 always felt like the year where we really begin our “relaunch” as a franchise.

With a load of cap space, some key pieces already signed defensively, young developing offensive players and a good coach, I don’t think it’s as dire a situation as it seems. I haven’t lost faith in Ran, Chad Brinker and the front office (seems like a lot of fans are abandoning ship after the draft). And if Levis just shows any bit of potential and/or promise, it’ll make it all the more brighter.

Remember, things can flip in a hurry in this league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

But I get it. I'm on the high end of the projection I guess. 

Expectation should be about half of it. 

Gonna be a rough decade of Titans football. 

It’ll ultimately/most likely come down to Levis

if he’s legit-legit …could be the best decade in franchise history

if he’s anything but…it’ll be more of the same

i don't think it's gonna be a "rough decade" or whatever, that's just silly. vrabel's going to field a competitive team more often than not.

however, unless he gets his head out of his *** when it comes to offense and the forward pass, i have zero faith that he will ever win a super bowl here.

19 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don't think it's gonna be a "rough decade" or whatever, that's just silly. vrabel's going to field a competitive team more often than not.

however, unless he gets his head out of his *** when it comes to offense and the forward pass, i have zero faith that he will ever win a super bowl here.

Gonna be hard to see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. 

Like you said, how long will competitive be acceptable. 9 wins gets people fired and internet people up in arms. 

If Vrabel gets at least 2-3 more years. Then gets fired, we rebuild, take another 2-3 years. So....little under a decade.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah...

I guess assume the worst or least really with this team. No real reason to think otherwise. History tells us they won't meet expectations and likely underperform.

We are a middle class organization really. That's about where we are going to be. 

There's assuming the worst, and there's any form of realism.  Burks being a 1000 yard receiver is realistic. Getting by with just him and having any degree of offensive success is not.

50 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Yeah.  I'm as down on this current administration on anyone (we literally drafted half of my pre-draft bust picks), but I'm not saying the future is doomed.  This next season looks bad, for sure.

And the comment that started this was that we could have a good group of receivers.  That's in no way, shape, or form realistic.  We could still be a good team in 2023, but if we are, it'll definitely be in spite of our receivers.  And we'll need a lot to break our way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There's assuming the worst, and there's any form of realism.  Burks being a 1000 yard receiver is realistic. Getting by with just him and having any degree of offensive success is not.

Yeah. 

Not really seeing much room for success offensively as we are built now. Hard to project anything other than struggle with the group. 

Long as Vrabel is the coach, hard to expect anything more than what we've seen. Peak Vrabel offense will be the 2019/2020 Titans. 
Took a while to build that up and find the people. Not likely to happen again under his rule. 
Complaints will just get louder and if there isn't faith in the defense then what truly do we have?

People hate the decisions offensively he has made. Questions galore about our draft picks or lack thereof. 

Where is the reason for optimism? Isn't that what we saying?

36 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Please, lol.

I will say, the one hope I have for the offense is Kelly just being that much better than Downing.  It'll be hard not to be better as a playcaller (no lie, I think about half the posters here would do at least as well as Downing calling plays last year), but it might be difficult to be so much better that it makes up for the aging of Henry and Tanny and the lack of receivers.  And you usually get some hiccups when an offense changes early on.

I guess we'll see.

20 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Geez, it’s like a funeral in here lol. Sure this year most likely will suck but the future really doesn’t feel that bleak to me. The Athletic Football Show actually touched on our draft and this topic just yesterday. 2024 always felt like the year where we really begin our “relaunch” as a franchise.

With a load of cap space, some key pieces already signed defensively, young developing offensive players and a good coach, I don’t think it’s as dire a situation as it seems. I haven’t lost faith in Ran, Chad Brinker and the front office (seems like a lot of fans are abandoning ship after the draft). And if Levis just shows any bit of potential and/or promise, it’ll make it all the more brighter.

Remember, things can flip in a hurry in this league. 

Hard to have any room for optimism, I guess, when we are so down offensively. Drafted the wrong players by a few accounts. No investment in the passing game. 

Just put your optimism in a box and put it in a grave.