2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

7 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know (assume/hope) you’re being sarcastic, but it’s funny how theoretically drafting JSN over Skronowski would have changed the perception of the draft radically. 

when, at the end of the day, we as an org certainly know how important a great OL is. We basically rode an OL/rb to the AFCCG.

How many playoff victories did Joe Thomas bring to the Browns? HOF offensive tackle, gave them a decade of play.

What's irritating about how the Titans drafted was that they don't look like they are going to compete this season. Which means they're likely sitting near the top of the draft, and are in position to pick the QB they want, or make a move to land him. Taking a guy everyone passed on including for a 5th year option at the top of the 2nd just means if they are back near the top, they've wasted a high 2nd plus whatever compensation was spent moving up. Adding another year of wear and tear on Henry and a back without an ACL. It's just... it's halfway trying to compete and halfway trying to rebuild.

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

How many playoff victories did Joe Thomas bring to the Browns? HOF offensive tackle, gave them a decade of play.

the same number of playoff victories calvin johnson brought to the lions

This is time of the year I get a lot of excitement out of what new guys can come in and make an impact. I love that we get to see a new line and a new line coach this year. I think if we can flip the switch on that line things can really start to heal on offense.

I see the potential with the offense, we just have to have things go better with injuries this year so our young guys can gel and get good experience.

You really never know in this league. You never know who can be a guy and step up. Excited to reset expectations and get younger.

I love the KT posts...hits a little close to home...but I'm sure it gets tiresome trying to find a silver lining and having it criticized. But that's legit how I felt when they didn't fire Vrabel, and hired the OC from within. I understand he is a good coach, but aside from Whiz we have had the same team for 25+ years...did make one SB and a couple of AFCC games but the same identity. Just felt like it was time for a clean start with a fresh approach. 

The issue I always had was Vrabel is running the scheme and brand of FB he wants and likes. SO Ran has to get players to fit his scheme, can't have the weapons of BUF, KC, PHI and run Vrabels scheme/mentality. 

All that said, I have no issues with our draft, because every person drafted will have a chance to start by start of '24 season. Then they have a chance to prove they were the proper choice. To spend a 2nd and future 3rd on a guy that could be a 10 year starter is worth the risk...and if we pick top 5 next year it may be worth it to move up and pick another QB. 

I question the huge/glaring issue with Vrabel’s offensive “scheme”

with the right players, the “scheme” Got us to an AFCCG, then one of the highest scoring offenses the next season, and then the 1 seed the following year. Then Tannehill shat the bed.

we’ve had the best offenses we’ve seen in forever under Vrabel. Give the guy talent/healthy players (like any coach) and not Todd Downing and we have proven we can score points. We’ve been limited in big games by Todd and Ryan. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I question the huge/glaring issue with Vrabel’s offensive “scheme”

with the right players, the “scheme” Got us to an AFCCG, then one of the highest scoring offenses the next season, and then the 1 seed the following year. Then Tannehill shat the bed.

we’ve had the best offenses we’ve seen in forever under Vrabel. Give the guy talent/healthy players (like any coach) and not Todd Downing and we have proven we can score points. We’ve been limited in big games by Todd and Ryan. 

Exactly. I think things are getting a little overthought in here. We just need a guy we can lean on in the playoffs in the biggest moments. Just get a guy who can can make things happen when ***** get tight. Someone who can clean up some of the stink around him. Things are never going to be perfect from a roster building standpoint. Gotta have guys who can overcome it.

Right now, I'm hoping that Corey Davis gets cut, and we can get him back here. It wasn't my plan A going into the offseason, but at this point I think that's about the best we can ask for with the WRs left and our lack of draft capital next year to make any meaningful trades. Who knows if he'll even want to come back though after how things ended the first go around. Bet he ends up in ATL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Right now, I'm hoping that Corey Davis gets cut, and we can get him back here. It wasn't my plan A going into the offseason, but at this point I think that's about the best we can ask for with the WRs left and our lack of draft capital next year to make any meaningful trades. Who knows if he'll even want to come back though after how things ended the first go around. Bet he ends up in ATL.

This coming from probably the biggest CD stan. I'm not sure Vrabel would even want him back. He was injured most of the time here, and has been injured ever since leaving. 

7 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Unfortunately this may be our best option.  No way do I want to keep trading mid to late round picks on guys who are on our roster a few weeks then are gone like J-Rob kept doing.

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

This coming from probably the biggest CD stan. I'm not sure Vrabel would even want him back. He was injured most of the time here, and has been injured ever since leaving. 

Corey last yr he missed 2 games with Covid & he got a concussion in the playoffs Vrabel can get us a solid piece & put his ego to the side or keep counting on Practice squad bums