2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, up until this year, there certainly wasn’t an unwillingness to invest in receivers during the Robinson/Vrabel era. Top five pick on CD, second on AJB, paid Humphries as a slot, traded a second and fourth for the right to pay Julio a bunch of money, traded more picks for the right to pay Robert Woods and drafted Burks in the first.

Technically, we’ve probably sunk more resources into the position than all but a few teams in the league over the last six or seven years. We just invested poorly and our former GM traded the one real hit that he had in his tenure here at WR.

*Sigh*

And this right here is the main reason we currently have the questions we do at WR. Even with all the other swings and misses we’ve had at WR, our WR group would look so much better just by adding AJ to it. Still not great but much much better

Hate to keep harping on it but it’s a trade that could hurt us for years.

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Can't wait to see this team go 8-9, be stuck with a joker quarterback who cares more about looking ripped than looking at DBs, and be stuck with no future for the next decade.

What an absolutely pathetic excuse for an offseason. See you in 2024. 

Well, that answers my question from a few days ago. 😂 I’m always amazed at what people can be coaxed into believing with a little push. 

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know (assume/hope) you’re being sarcastic, but it’s funny how theoretically drafting JSN over Skronowski would have changed the perception of the draft radically. 

when, at the end of the day, we as an org certainly know how important a great OL is. We basically rode an OL/rb to the AFCCG.

a week removed, I still wish we snagged an early WR. But instead we got an assumed ten year player in Skronowski and a QB. So if the WR position needs to wait another year to be addressed in the draft, so be it.

OL was as big of a need as WR. And we totally overhauled it. You can’t overhaul two position groups in the same offseason (realistically), and at least we have Burks, Phillips and Chig as pass catchers to hopefully take next steps.

I have been sarcastic the last few posts but also serious.  It just get tiring trying to put a semi positive spin on anything here at times. When it's all shot down so fast. Not saying that we will light the world on fire with our WRs, but we are so quick to destroy any and all moves this team makes.

Mainly because we've been burned so often. 

But I do feel at times what is the point of trying to debate anything positively when it's shot down with feverish pitch. But that's a me issue. Just need to step away for a min. lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, up until this year, there certainly wasn’t an unwillingness to invest in receivers during the Robinson/Vrabel era. Top five pick on CD, second on AJB, paid Humphries as a slot, traded a second and fourth for the right to pay Julio a bunch of money, traded more picks for the right to pay Robert Woods and drafted Burks in the first.

Technically, we’ve probably sunk more resources into the position than all but a few teams in the league over the last six or seven years. We just invested poorly and our former GM traded the one real hit that he had in his tenure here at WR.

nah, humphries aside, we've been really horrendous about intentionally acquiring good WRs past the top 2. julio and woods were both meant to be #2 to AJ and we did jack **** to build up anything behind them because of our debilitating NWI fetish. as soon as one of our top 2 goes down, we're worthless in the passing game. that just doesn't fly when you look at contenders around the nfl and their WR rooms.

This team is so burned by WR. To say we haven't invested in it, I think is incorrect. 
We just haven't chosen wisely. 

Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Justin Hunter, DGB, Aj Brown, Corey Davis, Eric Decker, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Robert Woods, Rishard Matthews,  Derrick Mason, Drew Bennet,  Kevin Dyson, Brandon  Jones, Roydell Williams, Tajae Sharpe, Lavelle Hawkins, Tyrone Calico, Justin McCariens, Courtney Roby, Joey Kent,  Yancey Thigpen,  and Carl Pickens....among others. lol

All these guys, drafted, signed as Free Agents, traded for....something significant. Yet only about what 4 worked out? 

This team has invested and tried, but we just can't get it right. 
So it is of my opinion that whatever we do, or don't do is looked at a million times harder. Yes we did trade away the best WR we had in over a decade and people will not let that go, because when you look at what we have done and to get rid of the guy that actually worked out, it's frustrating. 

What faith is there to say anything will change with that? No matter the coach, the GM the QB, we just don't know how to pick WRs. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'd love that for us and for Tannehill.

Future draft stock please.  Falcons don't have any receivers to spare, really.  Just London and Hollins.

I want it too much, so it's unlikely to happen. 
But it's best for the team and it's best for Tannehill. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Future draft stock please.  Falcons don't have any receivers to spare, really.  Just London and Hollins.

would be genuinely fun to pull for tannehill there, and it'd make our 2023 more interesting, if probably less successful.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'd love it for Tannehill, and I'd hate it for Henry, unless he gets moved too. It wouldn't be right for him or for the team to keep him in a reboot.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

This team is so burned by WR. To say we haven't invested in it, I think is incorrect. 
We just haven't chosen wisely. 

Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Justin Hunter, DGB, Aj Brown, Corey Davis, Eric Decker, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, Robert Woods, Rishard Matthews,  Derrick Mason, Drew Bennet,  Kevin Dyson, Brandon  Jones, Roydell Williams, Tajae Sharpe, Lavelle Hawkins, Tyrone Calico, Justin McCariens, Courtney Roby, Joey Kent,  Yancey Thigpen,  and Carl Pickens....among others. lol

All these guys, drafted, signed as Free Agents, traded for....something significant. Yet only about what 4 worked out? 

This team has invested and tried, but we just can't get it right. 
So it is of my opinion that whatever we do, or don't do is looked at a million times harder. Yes we did trade away the best WR we had in over a decade and people will not let that go, because when you look at what we have done and to get rid of the guy that actually worked out, it's frustrating. 

What faith is there to say anything will change with that? No matter the coach, the GM the QB, we just don't know how to pick WRs. 

If our GM literally came out and said "Yeah this entire scouting department can't figure out WR to save its life so we're not even gonna bother year one until I overhaul the scouting operation" that'd be an actually interesting and agreeable reason not to pick WR this season. 

• Like 1