Brock Purdy

Manny/Patrick

On 12/14/2022 at 8:44 AM, LinderFournette said:

Fringe starter at best or great backup QB 

Bingo. I don't know why people overreact to a handful of quality starts from a person NFL defenses haven't had much film to study on.

Sure, he's performing well in his two starts (over four days). Let's not just think he's going to jump the Depth Chart or get traded for a bounty.

7 hours ago, biggie. said:

After how well he and Jimmy have both looked this season, not a good sign for Trey Lance.

yea the recent development with Purdy is very interesting because the writing was on the wall that Jimmy was leaving and it was sink or swim with Lance and now Purdy is under contract for a few years and depending on how the playoff run goes, the locker room could be very much for Purdy

7 hours ago, biggie. said:

After how well he and Jimmy have both looked this season, not a good sign for Trey Lance.

Trey Lance was always going to have a steep learning curve. He wasn't asked to throw much at NDSU. I still think he has the most upside of anyone on that depth chart and has the chance to be great. The 49ers knew he was a project. He landed with the perfect coach for his skillset in Kyle Shanahan. 

37 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bingo. I don't know why people overreact to a handful of quality starts from a person NFL defenses haven't had much film to study on.

Sure, he's performing well in his two starts (over four days). Let's not just think he's going to jump the Depth Chart or get traded for a bounty.

The Honeymoon phase is intoxicating. Everyone has done it one time or another. Even if in the back of their minds, they have doubts about this marriage.

9 hours ago, biggie. said:

It's actually the worse for Jimmy, not Trey. I mean we did not even get to see Trey play this season so we don't know how he would have looked as the season progressed but Purdy is doing what Jimmy did and then some. Many teams already thought Jimmy was a product of the Shanny system and his biggest argument of winning at a high rate is getting thrown out the window with Purdy doing the same exact thing. 

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

The Honeymoon phase is intoxicating. Everyone has done it one time or another. Even if in the back of their minds, they have doubts about this marriage.

I mean most Niners fans understand Purdy's limitations lol. It's not that we think he is great or anything but just that he can produce with these weapons in this offense. And that is good enough to keep us as one of the few true SB contenders. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

47 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's actually the worst thing for Jimmy, not Trey. I mean we did not even get to see Trey play this season so we don't know how he would have looked as the season progressed but Purdy is doing what Jimmy did and then some. Many teams already thought Jimmy was a product of the Shanny system and his biggest argument of winning at a high rate is getting thrown out the window with Purdy doing the same exact thing. 

I mean most Niners fans understand Purdy's limitations lol. It's not that we think he is great or anything but just that he can produce with these weapons in this offense. And that is good enough to keep us as one of the few true SB contenders. 

No arguments here. I hope he goes out and slays.

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Wouldn't it come off as a giant red flag that a rookie Mr. Irrelevant seems to "get it" more than a top three pick the team sold the farm to get?

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

This thread should be about Kyle. Is there anyone out there he can't squeeze production from?

Lose his WRs to IR - "we're fine".

Lose his RBs to IR - "no problem".

Lose his QBs to IR - "all good".

One year he's going to have everyone at full health and he's going to win it all.

He has to overcome his biggest Achilles heel: turning into a chicken come crunch time.

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

This thread should be about Kyle. Is there anyone out there he can't squeeze production from?

Lose his WRs to IR - "we're fine".

Lose his RBs to IR - "no problem".

Lose his QBs to IR - "all good".

One year he's going to have everyone at full health and he's going to win it all.

I doubt it because NFL teams never have everyone at full health - winning the Super Bowl would be a lot easier if so. There are plenty of coaches we'd think a lot more highly of if only they consistently had everyone at full health.