Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Yeah I don't know to be honest - but I think a lot of us assumed that if he went to the jets he'd want Cobb and Bak with him - could see a Package like that but what that would include in terms of draft compensation is crazy - others are speculating it's a 3 way trade with Oakland that includes Davante Adams to NYJ with Aaron Rodgers, but at this point this is all just speculation and we won't know until we know. 

I'm assuming that they will push to sign lazard and/or cobb

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Yeah I don't know to be honest - but I think a lot of us assumed that if he went to the jets he'd want Cobb and Bak with him.

If I'm the Jets, this would trouble me. At this stage, the guy's way too much into being "comfortable." I've gotta have my friends around me. 

How about your a professional athlete getting paid a boat load of cash and you just man up - leaving the teddy bears behind.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

So what you're saying is Bakh is overrated because he might get injured? :)

I'm saying 10% of the salary cap for anyone that only plays 11 partial games is a big problem. 23 Million is a lot to risk on that injury annually moving forward. Then you have to worry about the rest of his body breaking down too. There are injuries you can't predict, and injuries you should've predicted. History is not kind to OL on third contracts. It would be great to see hard numbers on how long those big contracts make it.

16 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I'm saying 10% of the salary cap for anyone that only plays 11 partial games is a big problem. 23 Million is a lot to risk on that injury annually moving forward. Then you have to worry about the rest of his body breaking down too. There are injuries you can't predict, and injuries you should've predicted. History is not kind to OL on third contracts. It would be great to see hard numbers on how long those big contracts make it.

Agreed. It would be interesting. Yeah it sucks he got injured. Probably cost us a trophy. But Bakh playing elite ball 2 seasons later is indication it was absolutely the correct call.