Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The Packers need to stick to their guns.  The Packer are already taking a hit for the Rodgers contract. 

Getting fleeced in a Rodgers trade isn't going to help that.  

I hate too say it. I think #13 is off the table. The Packers have no leverage and the Jets know it. My guess is a 2nd, 3rd and a player.

• Like 1

A 2nd and 3rd round pick this year, TE Jeremy Ruckert and a number 2 next year that becomes a number one if the jets make the playoffs. 

Both teams save face, we get 5 picks in the top 80. Best- we're done with that crippling contract and the annual Diva act.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

I hate too say it. I think #13 is off the table. The Packers have no leverage and the Jets know it. My guess is a 2nd, 3rd and a player.

LOL .. the Packers have all the leverage with the Jets having NO quarterback and they know it.  The Jets owner wants Rodgers, the Jets front office has to win.  # 13 should be a minimum this year and go from there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Will never understand how people think the team with two valuable assets at QB has less leverage than the team with none.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. the Packers have all the leverage with the Jets having NO quarterback and they know it.  The Jets owner wants Rodgers, the Jets front office has to win.  # 13 should be a minimum this year and go from there.

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong but just prepare yourselves if we don't get the compensation we're hoping for.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Will never understand how people think the team with two valuable assets at QB has less leverage than the team with none.

Not to mention having just paid Lazard 11 million per year and not having been to the postseason in over a decade.

I’m not convinced the Packers are getting 13th overall, but this moron mentality that the Packers have no leverage has got to die.

The pressure is on the Jets. Zero pressure is on the Packers. Zero.

It is a clear rebuild for the Packers. The Packers can afford to go 2-15 next year and still bring everybody back.

Saleh has 11 wins in two years.

Douglas has 20 wins in 4 years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The Packers need to stick to their guns.  The Packers are already taking a hit for the Rodgers contract. 

Getting fleeced in a Rodgers trade isn't going to help that.  

I wonder if the Packers sticking to their guns is why Rodgers is going on Pat to “clear the air” that he’s not the reason for delay.

• Like 1

I don't suppose the subject of GB looking for multiple FRP's will come up on the McAfee show, but it would be great if it did.  AR would have to...

(1) Sidestep answering, which adds to his wishy-washy image

or (2) Say that 2 FRP's is too much to ask, which is him putting a cap on his own value

or (3) Say that 2 FRP's is a reasonable asking price for his services

All three of those scenarios work for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

If the Packers want 2 1st round picks, and the Jets don't want to give up a single 1st round pick, that's a pretty significant gap.  We might be here awhile.

Eh, I feel like this deal will get done, because both teams need it to get done.  They really do need each other.

It may take a while, but it'll get done.

Does anybody know if Rodgers has actually told the Packers he wants to be traded?

I'm not disputing anything that has happened, but just curious as to if that conversation took place and this is part of his game.

Edited by NFLGURU