Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If all they want to give up is a 3rd this year, that's fine. Then Elijah Moore is absolutely got to be a part of that deal, and I'd try and get Ruckert too. 

I'd take Moore, Ruckert, 3rd and a conditional 24 pick.

This would be incredibly disappointing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Rodgers with a bad OL, and Hackett who apparently was more comfortable with Rodgers going off script is also a recipe for disaster.  Especially if his guys join him.  Looks like he will continue to not adapt his game to his declining physical abilities

The Jets went 7-10 last year when playing a less than rugged schedule. I dont think we should oversell their greatness.

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

This would be incredibly disappointing 

I don't think so, going to be hard to plug WR and TE with our cap situation. As long as the 24 pick has terms that get it to 1st round status if Rodgers plays well, I'd forgo the first this year for young weapons for Love.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Moore is a fanatical workaholic, if you promise him 100 targets, he will be a happy camper. He just wants the opportunity to be great.  GW stole all of his slot reps last year, he was miscast outside, he needs to be included….

I hope so, you just have to know where he's at about coming to Green Bay, if he's in.  GREAT!!!

8 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'll never root against the Packers but this whole thing makes Gute look like a clown. They couldn't tell Rodgers themselves they wanted to move on and were shopping him? Now they are threatening to hold him hostage if they don't get multiple first round picks?

We are selling low, should have traded him last year if we were just gonna do this the year after.

If you think the Packers absolutely must and will "sell low", then why does it have to be with the first suitor (Jets) that comes along? Yes, they may have to sell low, but I'd much rather it be with another team down the road, say after June 5th, than the Packers out of undue desperation to keep Rodgers happy getting low-balled by the Jets. At least that way they save a modicum of some self-respect. 

13 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'll never root against the Packers but this whole thing makes Gute look like a clown. They couldn't tell Rodgers themselves they wanted to move on and were shopping him? Now they are threatening to hold him hostage if they don't get multiple first round picks?

We are selling low, should have traded him last year if we were just gonna do this the year after.

There is absolutely nothing that could have been said today that would have had you give a different reaction. Gute will never do anything right in your eyes. And I am not saying he did anything good or bad in this. Just that today in no way makes him look like a clown. AR was fully aware of their intentions for three years now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Jets went 7-10 last year when playing a less than rugged schedule. I dont think we should oversell their greatness.

Were they not 6-2 before that though and when coach went full on goof mode with his QB. 

1 minute ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

There is absolutely nothing that could have been said today that would have had you give a different reaction. Gute will never do anything right in your eyes. And I am not saying he did anything good or bad in this. Just that today in no way makes him look like a clown. AR was fully aware of their intentions for three years now.

We are about to see what Gutes really got. Everyone knew this day would come, its time to rip the bandaid off, not drag it out any further than it already has been. If Gute gets this done quickly I'll apologize but something tells me that's not how it's gonna happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

We are about to see what Gutes really got. Everyone knew this day would come, its time to rip the bandaid off, not drag it out any further than it already has been. If Gute gets this done quickly I'll apologize but something tells me that's not how it's gonna happen.

As has been pointed out several times, Gute actually has no need to act swiftly here. He can wait until he has the fair offer they are desiring and then pull the trigger. No need to rush and take whatever is thrown at them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Were they not 6-2 before that though and when coach went full on goof mode with his QB. 

Yeah Breece went down and he was that important…. That’s why I am such an advocate of drafting Bijan, he’s much better.

26 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Yea no.

This whole thing is making Gute look like a genius.

Rodgers said he was 90/10, retirement to playing, when he went into darkness.  When he got out, he heard the Jets stuff and decided, 100% playing.

Our front office, and presumably Gute, that made that happen.  Had Rodgers retired, we get zilch and a ton of dead cap space.

Since Gute is already a genius for figuring this out, now he's seeing just how much he can get from the Jets.  Rodgers helped him out by saying he's committed to playing next year...and committed to the Jets.  So now their front office has to deal with situation and the media.  They are the ones that have to get it done.  GB is waiting on them.

9 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Yeah Breece went down and he was that important…. That’s why I am such an advocate of drafting Bijan, he’s much better.

Yeah a good back is a big deal for any QB. A good Oline is required too. Or decent. But i don't think Saleh did his team any favors with the QB situation. 

11 minutes ago, StatKing said:

There is no hurry.  In fact....the Jets  front office is under the gun now.  The Packers aren't even asking for two number ones (which the Jets owner had actually offered in passing about a month ago) so all they have to do is pony up.

2nd and 3rd this year

TE Ruckert

Conditional #2 next year.

• Like 1