Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yea no.

This whole thing is making Gute look like a genius.

Rodgers said he was 90/10, retirement to playing, when he went into darkness.  When he got out, he heard the Jets stuff and decided, 100% playing.

Our front office, and presumably Gute, that made that happen.  Had Rodgers retired, we get zilch and a ton of dead cap space.

Since Gute is already a genius for figuring this out, now he's seeing just how much he can get from the Jets.  Rodgers helped him out by saying he's committed to playing next year...and committed to the Jets.  So now their front office has to deal with situation and the media.  They are the ones that have to get it done.  GB is waiting on them.

Bad optics matter, especially going forward. Doing all of this to haggle over a couple late round picks and dead cap in an already lost year is pointless in my opinion. Rodgers going out there telling everyone our front office is full of snakes damages our ability to retain guys and sign free agents over the next couple of years.

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

There is no hurry.  In fact....the Jets  front office is under the gun now.  The Packers aren't even asking for two number ones (which the Jets owner had actually offered in passing about a month ago) so all they have to do is pony up.

2nd and 3rd this year

TE Ruckert

Conditional #2 next year.

Why do people jump from "it isn't 2 FRPs" to "so it must be none"?

It confuses me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Bad optics matter, especially going forward. Doing all of this to haggle over a couple late round picks and dead cap in an already lost year is pointless in my opinion. Rodgers going out there telling everyone our front office is full of snakes damages our ability to retain guys and sign free agents over the next couple of years.

That damage is already done. 

Just now, StatKing said:

Rodgers going out there telling everyone our front office is full of snakes damages our ability to retain guys and sign free agents over the next couple of years.

AR's been saying bull**** about how GB treats veteran players for years already - yet - he signed the extension just last year???????  When he could have left??????????????????????

AR's got *a lifetime* of broken relationships - all of which ended because the other party harmed AR...supposedly.

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Yeah, no.

Rodgers said he was RETIRING.  90% RETIRING.  Our front office turned that around into a trade.  Rodgers then states that he's good going to New York.  So the pressure is on them now.  Rodgers did us a HUGE favor today.

And that is all because our front office played this portion of the game beautifully.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

This would be incredibly disappointing 

That’s what happens when you wait 2 years too long to make this move. The dream of multiple 1st rd picks died last year around this time. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

This whole thing is making Gute look like a genius.

LOL! 😂😂😂🤪😂😂😂

This may be the funniest thing every said on the forum. Not funny funny, but stupid funny.

Gute has been a complete disaster ever since flushing a 1st & 4th on Love. 

• Wastes a 1st & 4th round pick on an awful college QB. 
  • Alienates HOF QB then capitulates to the QB's demands.
  • Commits to aging HOF QB with record setting contract extension.
  • Then, a year later wants to get out of the commitment he made to the HOF QB and move forward with terrible QB he wasted a 1st and 4th round pick on.

Again, Gute has been a complete disaster with the entire situation He's been an incompetent reactive decision maker while reversing decisions  year to year after making multi year commitments.

This is a level of management buffoonery the Packers haven't experienced since the 70s & 80s.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

As has been pointed out several times, Gute actually has no need to act swiftly here. He can wait until he has the fair offer they are desiring and then pull the trigger. No need to rush and take whatever is thrown at them.

Agreed. There is no need to rush. Why are some fans crying about a deal not quickly getting done? My theory is that it is at least in part is due to the long offseason doldrum waiting period from after the Super Bowl until the Draft. No football going on. Fans have done 100's of mock draft simulations and are bored. So they are impatient and just want something football related to think about. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, no.

Rodgers said he was RETIRING.  90% RETIRING.  Our front office turned that around into a trade.  Rodgers then states that he's good going to New York.  So the pressure is on them now.  Rodgers did us a HUGE favor today.

And that is all because our front office played this portion of the game beautifully.

The Packers need to tell the Jets their requirements and go about their business.  Call me when you want to step up to the plate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

In the end, the way he trumped Favre was by not playing games with the organization and being willing to move on and graciously play elsewhere when his replacement was ready. I'm kinda proud of him right now.

That’s certainly one way to see it lol.  We should’ve moved him when he threw the organization under the bus on Draft Day two years ago. He’s been passively-aggressively playing games with the organization ever since but he says a few nice things today and suddenly he’s full of grace lol. 

12 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Much better to roll over and die and have a reputation for being a complete *****. 

The Packers are now in the driver's seat. Make them pay.

• Like 1

Ask Eisen,

Do the Jets have a better chance to compete for a SB with Rodgers

or say

1(13) say Brain Branch and in 2024 1(16) say Skoronski quaility OL

just zip it Rich.

Even recently, Becton and Johnson vs ARod,  plus the money Woody would make adding  a HoF QB.

Edited by fattlipp

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, no.

I just don't see the plan. Like @Donzosaid, Gute seems to be making very reactionary decisions. They ruined their own reputation for no reason in my eyes. If we would have traded him last year we wouldn't even be having a conversation about what the compensation would be. This dragging out is a nightmare for us.

4 minutes ago, Donzo said:

LOL! 😂😂😂🤪😂😂😂

This may be the funniest thing every said on the forum. Not funny funny, but stupid funny.

Gute has been a complete disaster ever since flushing a 1st & 4th on Love. 

• Wastes a 1st & 4th round pick on an awful college QB. 
  • Alienates HOF QB then capitulates to the QB's demands.
  • Commits to aging HOF QB with record setting contract extension.
  • Then, a year later wants to get out of the commitment he made to the HOF QB and move forward with terrible QB he wasted a 1st and 4th round pick on.

Again, Gute has been a complete disaster with the entire situation He's been an incompetent reactive decision maker while reversing decisions  year to year after making multi year commitments.

This is a level of management buffoonery the Packers haven't experienced since the 70s & 80s.

Just an FYI, everyone knows your opinion on this and outside of one person no one agrees with it. You don't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over. Objectively Gute is far from a failure. Mistakes have been made but really none of your list are egregious by any means, The Love pick is far from wasted at worst right now it is unknown. If Loves turns intoa top end QB its the perfect pick, The situation dictated a QB was needed in the short term and contrary to your belief a top tier QB prospect fell to them and they pulled the trigger. Personally I felt it was a year early for that selection but if you view Love as that guy I understand the selection. Alienating the QB is media driven and overblown, the contract I am not a fan of but there are outs but not ideal by any means. this is the worst action by Gute in my mind. Getting out of the contract now is the right decision and I am glad he has made the move to do so. Again you have no idea what kind of QB Love is so saying he is a terrible QB is baseless at best since it is largely coming from your biased/incorrect draft assessment of the player.