Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

24 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

For me, Love just needs to show progress as we move on through the season....  

and beat the Bears twice to keep the streak going. 

You guys in southern Wis .. how about beating the Vikings for us living in western and northern Wis?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't follow.

I thought once traded, we take an extra $9M hit to our cap?  So we likely need that $9M buffer for when he does get traded.

Once you factor in that, along with rookies and injury players, we have like $4-$5M under the cap to work with in FA.

Unless we have more moves to make to get under.

Am I wrong?  Because I'm wrong often. 

Only if they trade him before June 1st. If they trade him after June 1st, his 2023 cap hit is only $15.83m (the rest of the hit would fall on the 2024 cap), which would clear ~$15m of space. But I assume if they did this, the space would mostly be rolled over to next year anyways, since there isn’t much to spend the money on in June. 

But I guess if they knew post-June-1st was the plan, they could spend the entirety of their current space on FA’s right now knowing that they have another $15m coming clear in June to use on rookies/margin/etc.

• Like 1

Imagine spinning this as a win for the front office. We are lucky he decided to keep playing to get anything for him. Gute has had plenty of time at the helm and has done a really mediocre job at best during his tenure. The drafts and moves speak for themselves.

This would be a disaster if he retired and we got nothing for him. To say otherwise is absurd.

I hope Love is great and actually has a chance to play well this year. We need to upgrade the TE and WR room to give the kid a shot. 

Gutes on the hot seat 

Trey Wingo on @PFN365 talking about where things stand with the #Jets and #Packers

“People are saying this will take a long time. That’s not accurate. 99% of this deal is in place.”

If the deal was as close as Wingo keeps insisting it is, it would have been done over the weekend.  The deal will be signed in late April, and Wingo will still be saying it was 99% done in mid-March.

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Ignore users works pretty slick if you’ve got an issue with posters. I’m currently operating with near zero trash posts visible. Just saying, no one wants to have to scroll through this either.

Doesn't work when others keep quoting them tho.

6 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Imagine spinning this as a win for the front office. We are lucky he decided to keep playing to get anything for him. Gute has had plenty of time at the helm and has done a really mediocre job at best during his tenure. The drafts and moves speak for themselves.

This would be a disaster if he retired and we got nothing for him. To say otherwise is absurd.

I hope Love is great and actually has a chance to play well this year. We need to upgrade the TE and WR room to give the kid a shot. 

Gutes on the hot seat 

Yeah 3 straight 13-3/13-4 years. 2 nfc championship games appearances …having a player win mvp 2 of those years…

down right just bad job if you ask me.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Sums up his interview on McAfee today. That said, Schefter is a weasel so I do find it funny how Rodgers tells him to f off

Him not wanting to talk things over with reporters while he's getting ready to move on after 18years is not really justification for making things up out of whole cloth and then presenting it like some kind of inside scoop.  In general, I've been impressed with how few leaks there have been in the draw out process but also have gotten a good laugh at people freaking out about everything not being settled over a cup of coffee. 

Dunno if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I love that "I'm the greatest Packer in history" was Rodgers' first response to the question of whether he's surprised GB is driving a hard bargain. Any time I've worried that the Packers would be without leverage, I remember Rodgers' ego and the fact that if anything he wants the trade package to be as good as possible, so he isn't remembered as a guy who got flipped for a day 2 pick.