Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this certainly makes sense to me, but where did you see this as a rumor?

From Wiley’s new podcast… said that he knows a dude in the league that workouts with Rodgers or is a trainer and that Rodgers was talking up MIA. But they are double down on Tua.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It’s almost as great as Kyle Brandt (bears fan) giving packers fan a nice talking to about how we are all trust fund fans.

Ignoring the fact that GB had Favre and Rodgers and in the time only won 2 super bowls. Know what other franchise has won just 2 super bowls in the same timeline? Ravens. Their QBs? Flacco and Dilfer. Yeah…

Entitled fans claiming how they are not entitled fans. Always special stuff. 

Edited by R T

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

A better debate to have is to include the "value over replacement" rather than just value.

10 guys acquired with an AV of 10 are not nearly as valuable as 1 guy acquired with an AV of 100. Because you can sign 10 UDFAs that will give you an AV of 9 (or whatever).

So you definitely have to determine value over replacement rather than just gross value.

But not using the data at all is irresponsible. 

I minus out about 1 AV/year which is the value of the last pick in the draft, or the Mendoza line of sorts.

So just looking at marginal gains is definitely important.

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

Purdy is the model destroyer

Brock Purdy? oh because he's mr irrelevant?

I think that just helps show that there are viable players in the 5-7th rounds.  I use smoothing so that one anomalous pick gets smoothed into the picks surrounding it.  Already loves 2nd-5th round picks.

H4n2PdR.png

21 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Purdy is the model destroyer

Tom Brady is the model destroyer.  

That is why you have to do some kind of time frame for the draftee, also.  You may also have to weigh outliers at like 50% or possibly eliminate them all together.  You can't tell me that the 10 year average of pick 199 is 32.6 because Tom Brady is a career 326 while everyone else is a 0.  That likely makes pick 199 worth more than pick 40.  Does that actually make sense though?