Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

6 minutes ago, 4evergreen said:

Some of you guys are so delusional... doesn't get any more comical. 

The best you will do is 2 this year and 2 or 3 next year.  And that's only when Woody gets impatient and forces JD. 

Florio is right, time is on Jets side.

If I could write a book about a disastrous 2023 season for the Jets, the first chapter would be about Rodgers showing up in late August because the Packers held out to the last moment before trading him. If you think that's going to work and Rodgers would just show up and seamlessly run the offense, you're wildly off base. Compound that with the reality that he's probably only playing for 1 year in NY and what you bought yourself was nothing more than a $60m train wreck. 

The Jets need Rodgers in town much sooner than the Packers need to kick him out. It's really not even close. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If I could write a book about a disastrous 2023 season for the Jets, the first chapter would be about Rodgers showing up in late August because the Packers held out to the last moment before trading him. If you think that's going to work and Rodgers would just show up and seamlessly run the offense, you're wildly off base. Compound that with the reality that he's probably only playing for 1 year in NY and what you bought yourself was nothing more than a $60m train wreck. 

The Jets need Rodgers in town much sooner than the Packers need to kick him out. It's really not even close. 

He KnOwS tEh OfFeNsE.

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don't think Jets fans are accounting for the facts of

Their owner wanting him

Their GM and coaches' jobs probably on the line as they won't make the playoffs

There's no pivot point for them 

I'm revising my prediction. I think we're going to get their 2 2s, a swap of 1st rounders and a conditional next year if he plays. 

I agree with everything until next years conditional is if he plays. Make based on how far they go this year. Rodgers could **** around until after the draft before deciding what to do next year. 

4th no matter what, 3rd if they make the playoffs and 2nd if they get to conference championship. 

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

He KnOwS tEh OfFeNsE.

He doesn't know any of the players, particular the WRs other than Lazard. It's a big deal to get timing down with your receivers. Not really enough time to do that during the regular season. It's all about game planning for other teams. 

Recipe for disaster not having him in during training camp. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I agree with everything until next years conditional is if he plays. Make based on how far they go this year. Rodgers could **** around until after the draft before deciding what to do next year. 

4th no matter what, 3rd if they make the playoffs and 2nd if they get to conference championship. 

What...you left off the cherry on top: #1 if they make the Super Bowl. Wont ever happen...but lets be consistent least :)

34 minutes ago, 4evergreen said:

The best you will do is 2 this year and 2 or 3 next year.  And that's only when Woody gets impatient and forces JD. 

Tuesday at 05:52 PM

How many more sock puppets & jets randoms need to pop in here insisting on their trade valuations?? 🤣🤣

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, 4evergreen said:

It is! You haven’t been in a rush to get back to the playoffs (12 years) or the Super Bowl (53 years). So you can keep waiting on both fronts.

1 hour ago, 4evergreen said:

Jets fans calling us delusional….

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

The best thing to do when selling is to take the product away when the customer is trying to low bid you.  Hopefully the Packer brass is willing to do just that and have made that clear.  We can always sell it to someone else…

Know what?  I am down for trading him to the Patriots for next to nothing.  Or even the 49ers.  If the Jets don't give us what we want, don't give them what they want.  Put in a trade clause that we will pick up part of his salary in 23 and 24 as long as he doesn't play for the Jets.  

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Know what?  I am down for trading him to the Patriots for next to nothing.  Or even the 49ers.  If the Jets don't give us what we want, don't give them what they want.  Put in a trade clause that we will pick up part of his salary in 23 and 24 as long as he doesn't play for the Jets.  

Rumor was Rodgers wanted to go to MIA. At this point if I was making the call… I would call up the dolphins tell them we will eat if not  all of the money, most of it, and they can just give us the 3rd round most jets fans think Rodgers is worth… and say enjoy.

And when the jets lose Rodgers and not make the playoffs again… and Saleh and Joe get fired, we can listen to Pat McAfee talk about how brilliant jobless Joe is in comparison to Gute.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Jets fans calling us delusional….

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

It’s almost as great as Kyle Brandt (bears fan) giving packers fan a nice talking to about how we are all trust fund fans.

Ignoring the fact that GB had Favre and Rodgers and in the time only won 2 super bowls. Know what other franchise has won just 2 super bowls in the same timeline? Ravens. Their QBs? Flacco and Dilfer. Yeah…

• Like 1