HCs who will be Fired

RUGmen

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I get this - bit i would understand the trepidation from other candidates related to organizational stability. The Texans are dysfunctional, but I think they're acknowledging this dysfunction and addressing it internally (or not...)

Honestly? If I'm a HC candidate, I'm probably looking at this job thinking I'll get an extra 2-3 years that I shouldn't get, because the Texans are going to be gunshy in firing another HC quickly. 

Very possible. I’m gladly taking Houston over Indy/Denver if I’m a candidate. Probably Arizona too. In Houston I get cap space, draft stock, and a ground-up rebuild. Just have to deal with Caserio and the McNairs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not sure where to put this but it's too funny not to post, and it has a lot of, um, questionable quotes from Ron Rivera:

Rivera has made his mistakes and he is honestly being saved by the fact that he's  going to be undergoing a ownership change. The OC has to go.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Very possible. I’m gladly taking Houston over Indy/Denver if I’m a candidate. Probably Arizona too. In Houston I get cap space, draft stock, and a ground-up rebuild. Just have to deal with Caserio and the McNairs.

Welp, just the McNairs, it seems.

Just now, ET80 said:

So... Nick Caserio is in charge of the hiring, but if this HC candidate tells Cal McNair he needs a different GM, Caserio is probably on his way out.

That's... Interesting. Can't say I hate it.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So... Nick Caserio is in charge of the hiring, but if this HC candidate tells Cal McNair he needs a different GM, Caserio is probably on his way out.

I assume that's like "if Sean Payton tells Cal he's a good enough owner, then so be it - fire me" knowing Cal almost assuredly isn't the type of owner Payton wants. I would assume at least. He also probably doesn't care if he loses the Texans job if his resume includes selling Watson for a fantastic haul and being the guy that drafted like all three decent Texans players. He'd get a job somewhere.

22 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I assume that's like "if Sean Payton tells Cal he's a good enough owner, then so be it - fire me" knowing Cal almost assuredly isn't the type of owner Payton wants. I would assume at least. He also probably doesn't care if he loses the Texans job if his resume includes selling Watson for a fantastic haul and being the guy that drafted like all three decent Texans players. He'd get a job somewhere.

He's 100% going back to New England - like all other misfit toys that leave Belly island.

I also think it's sort of like the Jaguars situation last season - Byron Leftwich was ready to sign, but held off because he preferred Adrian Wilson at GM over Trent Baalke. Shad Khan chose Baalke, and they picked up Doug Pederson instead (which worked out for the Jags).

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Any good secondary coaching prospects out there for the Lions? We never really replace Aubrey Pleasant midseason. Dan Campbell gives consideration to former players but it's not a requirement. 

Steve Wilks would be a good guy to get if he doesn't get the job in Carolina.  I doubt he gets any DC looks.

55 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Any good secondary coaching prospects out there for the Lions? We never really replace Aubrey Pleasant midseason. Dan Campbell gives consideration to former players but it's not a requirement. 

Joe Woods is a great DB coach. He was the Browns DC and just got fired from there, but he's a much better position coach

Jerry Jones keep Garrett for 9 full season and Wade Phillips after their awful collapse in 2008,so I think McCarthy is safe no matter what!

Yes Sean Payton is available but if Payton says no to the cowboys, the cowboys would be in trouble after that, since I don't think many big name head coaches will want to work with Jerry Jones

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

I mean... Caserio just won't hire a HC unless he's certain its someone he knows won't replace him , then lol

although a double-cross would be funny

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean... Caserio just won't hire a HC unless he's certain its someone he knows won't replace him , then lol

although a double-cross would be funny

From other quotes I got from the interview - Caserio is doing the initial interviewing and providing a recommendation. Cal and Hannah McNair are doing the hiring - and I'd imagine they're going to ask the question "Can you do your best work with Caserio as GM?"

Caserio can vet his candidates out and try to sell him as the resource they'll need - but I think the McNair family is going to let the HC figure that part out before hiring them.