HCs who will be Fired

RUGmen

6 hours ago, biggie. said:

I have been called crazy for suggesting it could happen. I have been called crazy and other nasty names, but never wrong.

If Miami honestly believes Payton is a better coach than McDaniel, which he is, then absoutely pull the trigger.

Disagree with the McDaniels take, but man this response made me legit lol, so you deserve a football.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/job-status-of-texans-head-coach-lovie-smith-very-much-up-in-the-air

I know some people try to say Houston has been competitive, but Lovie was such a eyeroll hire we all knew wasn't going to work.

Didn’t they basically want to hire Josh McCown but the optics of doing that would have been horrendous given the Brian Flores lawsuit at that point?

23 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Didn’t they basically want to hire Josh McCown but the optics of doing that would have been horrendous given the Brian Flores lawsuit at that point?

Idk but hiring a retread that's as behind the times as Lovie Smith, who couldn't hold down a college job, was predictably a bad hire.

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Seems like he’s getting out of town before a major rebuild is needed. Sit a the commentary table for a couple years and comeback to another team

ie. Win a Super Bowl, leave a complete mess behind you in doing so and leave someone else to clean it up over the next few years.

Not the worst model, it has to be said.

• Like 4

Just now, Nightmare said:

ie. Win a Super Bowl, leave a complete mess behind you in doing so and leave someone else to clean it up over the next few years.

Not the worst model, it has to be said.

Yes exactly. Keeps his stock high and will always be that rumored top candidate every offseason to take over a better situation 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Seems like he’s getting out of town before a major rebuild is needed. Sit a the commentary table for a couple years and comeback to another team

He won’t be back at all. He’s already got his superbowl ring, more money than he’ll ever need, recently married, probably wants to start a family. I bet he takes a cushy job at CBS or FOX and sticks it out. 

Look at Jon Gruden compared to Bill Cowher. One guy comes back to the NFL, ruins his reputations and ends up getting cancelled. The other guy is living the cushy life at CBS.

I would bet that tomorrow is the last time we see McVay coach in the NFL.