RUGmen

Hackett is 100% gone

Staley is gone if he doesn’t make the playoffs, even if he is 9-8

Saturday is probably gone

Arthur Smith has a 35% chance of being gone

Campbell has a 35% chance of being gone

Might be a shocking Tomlin departure but it would be 100% mutual

Kingsbury is 40% chance of being gone

McDaniels 20% chance of being gone (although superrrr hot seat entering year two)

Bowels 25% chance of being gone (super hot seat year two though)

Everyone else safe

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Hackett is 100% gone

Staley is gone if be doesn’t make the playoffs, even if he is 9-8

McDaniels 20% chance of being gone (although superrrr hot seat entering year two)

Everyone else safe

Campbell definitely should stay if the Lions finish 8-9 or better and play the same hard football until the end of season.

I would put Kingsbury much higher than 40%. 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Campbell has 0% chance of being gone. Sheila Ford has already come out and says the FO and coaching staff have her full support. They've already doubled their win total of last season. And they are still in the playoff hunt in week 15. For a head caoch that signed a 6 year contract less than 2 years ago, there is no way they cut him. There is no grounds as of right now. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 14

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Campbell has 0% chance of being gone. Sheila Ford has already come out and says the FO and coaching staff have her full support. They've already doubled their win total of last season. And they are still in the playoff hunt in week 15. For a head caoch that signed a 6 year contract less than 2 years ago, there is no way they cut him. There is no grounds as of right now. 

Playoffs or bust 2023 then

Hackett needs to be gone, and he’s the only I think who really needs to be. 

My eyes are also on Lovie Smith, Dennis Allen, Brandon Staley, and Todd Bowles (does he count or is he an interim?). Wilks and Saturday are interim, so their spots were never going to be secure. Kingsbury likely has a mulligan and is signed through 2027, so firing him with 5 years left would be tough for the Cardinals. McDaniels probably has another year on the hot seat, although I’d just cut my losses now if it were me. Stefanski and Eberflus are probably in a similar boat, have another year. Campbell I wouldn’t consider firing this offseason, but 2023 will be big for him. Same with Arthur Smith. 

A lot of potential openings, but ultimately I don’t think many (non-interims) get the axe this year. Wonder where Reich goes.

Edited by Yin-Yang

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hackett is 100% gone

Everyone else safe

I don't see Campbell being gone, especially with how the Lions have played as of late.

Kingsbury's percentage should be higher as he seems to almost be a lock to being gone. 

Bowels probably keeps the job, especially if Brady ends up leaving elsewhere or retiring. Then he will be gone the following season. 

The rest looks reasonable. 

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hackett is 100% gone

Everyone else safe

Hackett for sure agree with. 

Don't think Staley goes anywhere, even if they miss the playoffs. I think there's a coaching staff turnover and his assistants fall on the sword. He has a built in excuse with the injuries and both years they have been right there. Spanos not keen on spending money either, from what I understand. I could see that as a very easy persuasion for him to stay. 

Arthur Smith and Dan Campbell I think are both pretty safe. With the stockpile of picks next year, I think Campbell is on the hot seat next season, but he's going to finish like 8-9 or 9-8 this year I'm pretty sure and that's going to be a big step in the right direction for that team. They haven't won more than 6 games since 2017. Arthur Smith is kind of an interesting case because that dude just seems like a curmudgeon lol. But I think he came in with the GM, so I'm assuming that they have a decent relationship with one another? May be a longer leash there. 

Kingsbury absolutely should be, but he and Keim just signed through 2027 so that one is really tricky. Not sure that the Bidwells want to spend on that, especially in a year that theoretically seems lost from the jump without their franchise QB. 

I could see McDaniels go or stay. I know there's been some talk that there is a financial impediment to it for Mark Davis, not sure how accurate that is. Ultimately, I wouldn't be afraid to go one and done on him, but I would get it. 

Bowles is gone, I think. I'd put that much higher. 

I think it's worthwhile to talk about the future of someone like Kevin Stefanski. Even though they lacked Watson, Brissett played pretty well this year, and they still are 5-8. It wasn't a QB problem. 

Dennis Allen should be on the hot seat. I think that team was a hot mess. I think the fact that he's a retread kind of hurts as well. I could easily see him go. 

I don't know that Houston will go one and done with another head coach, but I wouldn't rule it out. You're bringing in Bryce Young, may want a young, offensive mind to energize the team and work with him. You don't see two straight one and dones from teams that much, but the 49ers did it and ultimately came away with Shanny. You do what you have to do for the betterment of the team. Could 100% see the Texans fire Lovie and hire a Ben Johnson type. I'm not sure that they would land a Sean Payton, but they have some draft capital to work with, so who knows. Would depend on if he wants to go there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Could 100% see the Texans fire Lovie and hire a Ben Johnson type. I'm not sure that they would land a Sean Payton, but they have some draft capital to work with, so who knows. Would depend on if he wants to go there. 

I actually see DeMeco Ryans as an intriguing option - he has definitely earned the interviews and the idea of bringing in a former Texans player will bring some good will to a fanbase that is pretty apathetic to the overall product. Added bonus is that you’re getting to find guys from that Shanahan tree to fill out support roles (49ers assistant QB coach Klay Kubiak as full time QB coach/passing game coordinator would be another appeal to the local base - the former Strake Jesuit HS head coach and son of Gary Kubiak has some chops in prepping QBs for game day).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hackett for sure agree with. 

Don't think Staley goes anywhere, even if they miss the playoffs. I think there's a coaching staff turnover and his assistants fall on the sword. He has a built in excuse with the injuries and both years they have been right there. Spanos not keen on spending money either, from what I understand. I could see that as a very easy persuasion for him to stay. 

Arthur Smith and Dan Campbell I think are both pretty safe. With the stockpile of picks next year, I think Campbell is on the hot seat next season, but he's going to finish like 8-9 or 9-8 this year I'm pretty sure and that's going to be a big step in the right direction for that team. They haven't won more than 6 games since 2017. Arthur Smith is kind of an interesting case because that dude just seems like a curmudgeon lol. But I think he came in with the GM, so I'm assuming that they have a decent relationship with one another? May be a longer leash there. 

Kingsbury absolutely should be, but he and Keim just signed through 2027 so that one is really tricky. Not sure that the Bidwells want to spend on that, especially in a year that theoretically seems lost from the jump without their franchise QB. 

I could see McDaniels go or stay. I know there's been some talk that there is a financial impediment to it for Mark Davis, not sure how accurate that is. Ultimately, I wouldn't be afraid to go one and done on him, but I would get it. 

Bowles is gone, I think. I'd put that much higher. 

I think it's worthwhile to talk about the future of someone like Kevin Stefanski. Even though they lacked Watson, Brissett played pretty well this year, and they still are 5-8. It wasn't a QB problem. 

Dennis Allen should be on the hot seat. I think that team was a hot mess. I think the fact that he's a retread kind of hurts as well. I could easily see him go. 

I don't know that Houston will go one and done with another head coach, but I wouldn't rule it out. You're bringing in Bryce Young, may want a young, offensive mind to energize the team and work with him. You don't see two straight one and dones from teams that much, but the 49ers did it and ultimately came away with Shanny. You do what you have to do for the betterment of the team. Could 100% see the Texans fire Lovie and hire a Ben Johnson type. I'm not sure that they would land a Sean Payton, but they have some draft capital to work with, so who knows. Would depend on if he wants to go there. 

I totally forgot Dennis Allen. Allen is 90% gone IMO. 

And Wilks is 100% gone as well

Edited by BayRaider