HCs who will be Fired

RUGmen

16 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

I’ll admit I have not watched them really this year and weirdly, they have seemed like the most non talked about team all year despite their previous success…Mike Vrabel as a sleeper if the Titans miss the playoffs? They fired their GM and we all know how GMs like to have “their guy”.

I feel like Vrabel got more power after the GM got fired plus he’s probably a top 5 coach in the league.  Zero chance he gets fired.

• Like 3

On 12/16/2022 at 6:52 PM, BayRaider said:

Arthur Smith has a 35% chance of being gone

Your % is way to high here. Like 34% too high. Arthur Smith may have led the Falcons to back to back losing seasons, but he did so with $45M in dead money in 2021 and $80M in dead cap in 2022. The Falcons have been in a 2 year rebuild and next year they finally have money to spend. Why fire the coach after giving him 2 years to build his foundation. He's basically being given a Shanahan chance at rebuilding the roster. (Not saying he's as good as shanahan, but that the situation he's being given is the same.)

On 12/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, Forge said:

Arthur Smith is kind of an interesting case because that dude just seems like a curmudgeon lol. But I think he came in with the GM, so I'm assuming that they have a decent relationship with one another? May be a longer leash there. 

Really long leash for Smith. He wasn't expected to compete for a playoff spot until 2023. Expectations change in 2023 though. Playoffs or he's on the hot seat for 2024.

On 12/16/2022 at 8:41 PM, Trojan said:

ATL - Smith, I think he's safe could be a surprise spot though

Definitely safe.

On 12/16/2022 at 10:17 PM, DawgX said:

I'd be shocked if Smith or Campbell are fired. Those teams are overachieving. Smith's biggest fault was sticking with Mariota for so long.

Agred on Smith.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:32 AM, jonnguy2015 said:

- Falcons: Smith gets another year with a hopefully decent roster

This ^

On 12/18/2022 at 3:31 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Think you forgot a decimal in there somewhere my friend.  Maybe a 3.5% chance not 35% :D   Him and Fontenot were given a crap platter as far as the team construction and cap space were considered.   Next year will legit be the 1st year they will have a chance to build the team the way they want it without having the record for most dead cap of any team ever.  I see them for sure getting all of next year with a legit team built how they want it with top 3 league cap space and 3 classes of draft picks.   If they don't do well next year then i think the seat heats up pretty legit and if they fail in year 4 and not make the playoffs then theirs a good chance one of them are gone.   But overall considering like 95% of places considered the Falcons the least talented team in the league at the beginning of the season and chose us to be dead last with like 2 to 3 wins.  I think Smith has actually over achieved both years he has been here and what he has done with the O-line and run game is almost god like lol.

Pretty much all of this.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, scar988 said:

Your % is way to high here. Like 34% too high. Arthur Smith may have led the Falcons to back to back losing seasons, but he did so with $45M in dead money in 2021 and $80M in dead cap in 2022. The Falcons have been in a 2 year rebuild and next year they finally have money to spend. Why fire the coach after giving him 2 years to build his foundation. He's basically being given a Shanahan chance at rebuilding the roster. (Not saying he's as good as shanahan, but that the situation he's being given is the same.)

Really long leash for Smith. He wasn't expected to compete for a playoff spot until 2023. Expectations change in 2023 though. Playoffs or he's on the hot seat for 2024.

Definitely safe.

Agred on Smith.

This ^

Pretty much all of this.

So do you think Smith is safe?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 4:10 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Harbaugh might get himself fired if the Ravens don't win a playoff game this year, and especially if they lose a playoff game where the passing game once again looks like complete garbage.

Please let that happen.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

So do you think Smith is safe?

1000%. At least for 2023. 2023 bombs, then his seat gets hot for 2024. Blank tries to give coaches 3-4 years to really screw up. 21-22 could be seen as a really long first year for Smith where he doesn't have all the ability to bring in the talent he wants. So next year will be a year 2 expectation of be competitive and win enough games to get into the playoffs.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 12:46 AM, MKnight82 said:

I feel like Vrabel got more power after the GM got fired plus he’s probably a top 5 coach in the league.  Zero chance he gets fired.

On 12/19/2022 at 12:59 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Titans fired Robinson because they got banged up and had no depth, they're basically playing an entire 2nd unit defense and are playing an entire 2nd unit offensive line. Vrabel isn't getting fired.

Unless he refuses to make some changes. Then it might happen.

We’re all hoping he’s not that stubborn.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Harbaugh might get himself fired if the Ravens don't win a playoff game this year, and especially if they lose a playoff game where the passing game once again looks like complete garbage.

You think Harbaugh is on the hot seat?

Colts and Panthers already have vacancies.

Lovie Smith and Hackett one and done imo.

Brandon Staley probably needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. If he’s gone though, I think he gets another crack at it.

Allen and McDaniels probably get another year, though Allen could be gone if Sean Payton comes back and wants to coach the Saints.

Kingsbury will be gone.

At least one of Belichick, Carroll and McVay will retire imo. 

59 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

With his loyalty to Greg Roman, I could almost see ownership cleaning house and rebuilding around Lamar especially if the offense falters.

Ravens firing Harbaugh would be even dumber than when the Chargers fired Schottenheimer way back when...

When you have a coach that has your team as a perennial contender you don't fire him and if you do you deserve what usually happens (a massive step backwards for your franchise)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Ravens firing Harbaugh would be even dumber than when the Chargers fired Schottenheimer way back when...

When you have a coach that has your team as a perennial contender you don't fire him and if you do you deserve what usually happens (a massive step backwards for your franchise)

Definitely agree.

• Like 2

Obviously Hackett should be one and done. Same with Lovie Smith. 
I think it would be really hard for the Cards to justify keeping Kingsbury around. 
Saints will fire Dennis Allen. I think Bowles will get fired too. 
Then Saturday and Wilks won't be retained at the end of the season too. 

Lots of speculation that Carroll will retire at the end of the year. I could see it being the end for him. 
That looks like way too many openings for HCs so probably half of that won't happen! 

Edited by MagicMT

Kliff Kingsbury

Arthur Smith

Nate Hackett

Dennis Allen

Todd Bowles

On the fence with Lovie Smith. How many coaches would that be for the Texans, 5 in 4 years? They might be better off giving Lovie one more year. I can’t imagine any coaching talent would want to go there

Jeff Saturday will be gone.

Wilks may keep his job if they get to the postseason. Also heard rumors of Carolina trading for Mike Tomlin

Edited by bucksavage1