HCs who will be Fired

RUGmen

AFC West
KCC - Andy Reid, stays or retires
LAC - Staley, fired if no playoffs LAC spent a lot to be a super team and needs more success for the investment
DEN - Hackett, fired
LVR - McDaniels, safe but hotseat and likely needs to fire Graham

NFC West
LAR - McVay, stays or retires (would take like broadcasting job lined up, Stafford + Donald retirement or something like that)
SFO - Shanahan, stays
ARI - Kingsbury, fired or hotseat
SEA - Carroll, stays or retires

AFC North
PIT - Tomlin, stays
BAL - Harbaugh, stays
CLE - Stefanski, stays but has to redo defensive staff
CIN - Taylor, stays

NFC North
GBP - LaFleur, stays
MIN - OConnell, stays
CHI - Eberflus, stays
DET - Campbell, stays

NFC South
TBB - Bowles, I think fired and Brady moves on and they just scrap the Arians stuff and make sense to trade assets for picks if there are fair price bidders
NOLA - Allen, I think fired but might stay with some good showings to close the year
CAR - Wilkes, I think there is a decent chance at retaining the job. If they have a real shot at a big name coach then he's gone.
ATL - Smith, I think he's safe could be a surprise spot though

AFC South
HOU - Lovie, fired
TEN - Vrable, stays
IND - Saturday, clearly they'll interview guys but I think Irsay may be crazy enough to give it another go.
JAX - Pederson, stays

AFC East
NEP - Bill, stays maybe needs to hire an OC
NYJ - Saleh, stays
BUF - McDermott, stays
MIA - McDaniel, stays

NFC East
DAL - McCarthy, stays unless Sean Payton wants this specific job
PHI - Sirianni, stays
NYG - Daboll, stays
WAS - Rivera, fired if team sells / retained if still Snyder

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I actually see DeMeco Ryans as an intriguing option - he has definitely earned the interviews and the idea of bringing in a former Texans player will bring some good will to a fanbase that is pretty apathetic to the overall product. Added bonus is that you’re getting to find guys from that Shanahan tree to fill out support roles (49ers assistant QB coach Klay Kubiak as full time QB coach/passing game coordinator would be another appeal to the local base - the former Strake Jesuit HS head coach and son of Gary Kubiak has some chops in prepping QBs for game day).

I'd hate to lose him, but the niners could use those two extra comp picks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hackett is 100% gone

Staley is gone if he doesn’t make the playoffs, even if he is 9-8

Saturday is probably gone

Arthur Smith has a 35% chance of being gone

Campbell has a 35% chance of being gone

Might be a shocking Tomlin departure but it would be 100% mutual

Kingsbury is 40% chance of being gone

McDaniels 20% chance of being gone (although superrrr hot seat entering year two)

Bowels 25% chance of being gone (super hot seat year two though)

Everyone else safe

Agreed with Hackett. It'd be more shocking if he gets another year.

I actually don't see Staley being fired, unless the Chargers lose out. LAC seems like they're patient with their coaches, for better or worse.

Saturday is probably gone, yes.

I'd be shocked if Smith or Campbell are fired. Those teams are overachieving. Smith's biggest fault was sticking with Mariota for so long.

Tomlin won't be going anywhere, IMO. I hope I'm wrong because I think he's a very good coach, but his job is safe.

Agreed with Kingsbury. Him recently signing an extension may save him, but he definitely deserves to be fired.

Agreed with McDaniels and Bowles, although I'd say Bowles' chances of getting fired greatly increase if Tampa misses the playoffs.

Dennis Allen might also be on the hot seat and I think it's almost a certainty Lovie Smith is gone too.

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Could go full Jerry Jones and pay him like a HC not to leave? Just not the HC in waiting like Quinn after Dallas chokes again this post season.

I like the Eagles, but it'll be hilarious if the Cowboys were to beat the Eagles in the playoffs after all the crap Philly fans talk about Dallas choking in the postseason lol.

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Campbell has 0% chance of being gone. Sheila Ford has already come out and says the FO and coaching staff have her full support. They've already doubled their win total of last season. And they are still in the playoff hunt in week 15. For a head caoch that signed a 6 year contract less than 2 years ago, there is no way they cut him. There is no grounds as of right now. 

Good. Love Campbell and he deserves to keep climbing 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I actually see DeMeco Ryans as an intriguing option - he has definitely earned the interviews and the idea of bringing in a former Texans player will bring some good will to a fanbase that is pretty apathetic to the overall product. Added bonus is that you’re getting to find guys from that Shanahan tree to fill out support roles (49ers assistant QB coach Klay Kubiak as full time QB coach/passing game coordinator would be another appeal to the local base - the former Strake Jesuit HS head coach and son of Gary Kubiak has some chops in prepping QBs for game day).

If McVay retired this offseason, Demeco Ryans would be the guy I'd want replacing him. All this to say, it's probably too good of a move for the Texans. What's Josh McCown up to? 😉

I don't think Lovie Smith should have gotten the job anyway, but what on earth would the Texans org have been expecting in the first year?  

He probably deserves to be fired but it would be a bad look for the Texans.  Because really, everyone knew what Lovie Smith was as a coach before you hired him.  So if you aren't going to stick with him, why hire him in the first place?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I don't think Lovie Smith should have gotten the job anyway, but what on earth would the Texans org have been expecting in the first year?  

He probably deserves to be fired but it would be a bad look for the Texans.  Because really, everyone knew what Lovie Smith was as a coach before you hired him.  So if you aren't going to stick with him, why hire him in the first place?

Tank Commander Drill Week - World of Tanks Console

• Like 6