HCs who will be Fired

RUGmen

54 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I like the Eagles, but it'll be hilarious if the Cowboys were to beat the Eagles in the playoffs after all the crap Philly fans talk about Dallas choking in the postseason lol.

Anythings possible. Any given Sunday rule always applies. Not me being arrogant. Just going off the past 27 years of Ineptitude. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

- Cowboys: McCarthy has done well enough, but Jerry might be dissatisfied if the team falls short of the NFC Championship, or even the Divisional Round if they manage to choke against whoever wins the NFC South, especially if Payton wants to come to Dallas. Odds are he stays another year if Payton's not interested though

- Commanders: Rivera has probably saved his job since the 1-4 start unless the team flames out of the playoffs in the final stretch of the season

- Lions: Like Rivera, Campbell has taken himself off the hot seat since the 1-7 start and should at least get to start 2023 even if the Lions end up missing the playoffs

- Buccaneers/Saints: Grouping these together since both got promoted in similar circumstances and have similarly proven themselves to not be worthy successors to Arians and Payton, though they might get another year to figure things out

- Falcons: Smith gets another year with a hopefully decent roster

- Seahawks/Steelers: Despite the recent slide Carroll managing to have this team competing for a playoff spot gives him the right to retire on his own terms, Steelers are doing a bit worse but similar story with Tomlin

- Cardinals: Kliff would be a dead man walking if not for the recent extension, only question now is if Bidwell is willing to eat the cost

- Chargers: Playoffs or bust for Staley, and he might also have to fight off Payton wanting to coach Herbert

- Raiders: McDaniels gets another year since the Raiders finally strung a few wins together(Baker 98 yard game-winning drive aside) and Mark Davis won't want to eat that contract after the Gruden debacle

- Broncos: Hackett is a dead man walking

- Browns: Stefanski gets to start 2023 with the QB he traded the farm for but probably won't get another chance after that

- Texans: Lovie Smith is a dead man walking

Edited by jonnguy2015

Guaranteed goners

Nathaniel Hackett: Looks like he's in over his head and doesn't know how to utitlize Russell Wilson.

Lovie Smith: Absolutely demotivating hire that never stood a chance. Houston will be drafting their QBOTF next year and that almost always means a new HC.

Dennis Allen: Straight up terrible HC. NOLA can't win under him.

Brandon Staley IF there's mutual interest between LAC and Sean Payton: Otherwise Staley will be put on the hotseat for 2023. He's a boneheaded coach who overanalyzes everything and his poorly calculated aggressive playcalling has cost LAC numerous tines. I was one of the first people to call for his job due to his blind allegiance to "analytics" and no one listened and praised him for his aggressiveness.

Hot seat in 2023

Robert Saleh: I'm not letting their relatively successful season fool me: the Jets are not as good as people think they are. They've been 2-4 since their little win streak and they have a pretty tough final stretch that can leave them on the outside looking in. If thag happens expect some heat on Saleh entering 2023. A third straight year of no playoffs will get him canned.

Jeff Saturday: You would figure he'd be a guaranteed goner but never rule anything out when Jim Irsay is in charge.

Kliff Kingsbury: It wouldn't surprise me at all if Kingsbury is flat out fired after this season. Murray has never been anything more than above average and it's obvious they won't win anything under Kingsbury.

Josh McDaniels: Mark Davis can't afford to make McDaniels a one and doner. By

Edited by biggie.

10 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I don't think Lovie Smith should have gotten the job anyway, but what on earth would the Texans org have been expecting in the first year?  

He probably deserves to be fired but it would be a bad look for the Texans.  Because really, everyone knew what Lovie Smith was as a coach before you hired him.  So if you aren't going to stick with him, why hire him in the first place?

1. Tank.

2. The Texans were poised to hire Josh McCown over Brian Flores, which would have thrown a few hundred gallons of gasoline on a blazing fire that was Flores’ discrimination lawsuit. I’m willing to guess there was a “what the hell are you doing!?” call from the league office on this one, which led to the incredibly hasty decision to hire Smith. Ultimately, the guy who wanted to hire McCown is no longer with the organization, so it’ll be a Nick Caserio decision (I’m going to imagine Jonathan Gannon and Flores are high on the list, as are Jerod Mayo and Steve Belicheck - my ‘Meco reunion is just a pipe dream).

3. My conspiracy theory hat tells me that Lovie understands this was a one year deal as well; If you remember David Culley, he only coached a year with the Texans, but made upwards of $23mm for that one year (one year salary at about $3mm and a $20mm contract buyout). Lovie has a place in the organization as a special advisor, a role once filled by Romeo Crennell; He’ll take his juicy buyout, set his son up well in the org and sit in the owners box with Cal after this is done.

4 hours ago, biggie. said:

Guaranteed goners

Nathaniel Hackett: Looks like he's in over his head and doesn't know how to utitlize Russell Wilson.

Lovie Smith: Absolutely demotivating hire that never stood a chance. Houston will be drafting their QBOTF next year and that almost always means a new HC.

Dennis Allen: Straight up terrible HC. NOLA can't win under him.

Brandon Staley IF there's mutual interest between LAC and Sean Payton: Otherwise Staley will be put on the hotseat for 2023. He's a boneheaded coach who overanalyzes everything and his poorly calculated aggressive playcalling has cost LAC numerous tines. I was one of the first people to call for his job due to his blind allegiance to "analytics" and no one listened and praised him for his aggressiveness.

Hot seat in 2023

Robert Saleh: I'm not letting their relatively successful season fool me: the Jets are not as good as people think they are. They've been 2-4 since their little win streak and they have a pretty tough final stretch that can leave them on the outside looking in. If thag happens expect some heat on Saleh entering 2023. A third straight year of no playoffs will get him canned.

Jeff Saturday: You would figure he'd be a guaranteed goner but never rule anything out when Jim Irsay is in charge.

Kliff Kingsbury: It wouldn't surprise me at all if Kingsbury is flat out fired after this season. Murray has never been anything more than above average and it's obvious they won't win anything under Kingsbury.

Josh McDaniels: Mark Davis can't afford to make McDaniels a one and doner. By

Outrageous haterade as always. Saleh is having a great year, your argument for him being at risk is basically saying if he does terribly next year he'll be in danger - which would be true for like 70% of the league. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Campbell has 0% chance of being gone. Sheila Ford has already come out and says the FO and coaching staff have her full support. They've already doubled their win total of last season. And they are still in the playoff hunt in week 15. For a head caoch that signed a 6 year contract less than 2 years ago, there is no way they cut him. There is no grounds as of right now. 

Although I agree Campbell isn’t going anywhere I don’t think ownership coming out and saying that really means much. We see firings after that all the time.

9 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

Outrageous haterade as always. Saleh is having a great year, your argument for him being at risk is basically saying if he does terribly next year he'll be in danger - which would be true for like 70% of the league. 

Todd Bowles looked great when they went 10-6 in 2015. Look what happened afterwards.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Although I agree Campbell isn’t going anywhere I don’t think ownership coming out and saying that really means much. We see firings after that all the time.

I don't know. Sheila took over ownership the start of 2020 season and immediately put Quinntricia on the hot seat. She fired them after Thanksgiving with very transparent disgust.

She really likes Holmes/Campbell and has publicly backed them. I'm not even sure why people think Campbell is anywhere near the hotseat other than they think he's a meathead. He took over a complete rebuild less than two years ago, turned over over 80% of the roster, completely revamped the culture, has them winning games and eyeing playoffs in two years. 

Can someone please explain this to me? 

6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't know. Sheila took over ownership the start of 2020 season and immediately put Quinntricia on the hot seat. She fired them after Thanksgiving with very transparent disgust.

She really likes Holmes/Campbell and has publicly backed them. I'm not even sure why people think Campbell is anywhere near the hotseat other than they think he's a meathead. He took over a complete rebuild less than two years ago, turned over over 80% of the roster, completely revamped the culture, has them winning games and eyeing playoffs in two years. 

Can someone please explain this to me? 

Explain what?

Like I said, not disagreeing Campbell is safe. But we see ownership publicly back coaches all the time that either may be or are on the hot seat just to see them get fired hours/days/weeks later. That’s all I’m saying.

26 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Explain what?

Like I said, not disagreeing Campbell is safe. But we see ownership publicly back coaches all the time that either may be or are on the hot seat just to see them get fired hours/days/weeks later. That’s all I’m saying.

Explain how people feel like Campbell is on the hot seat. Not you specifically. 

• Like 1

I've been arguing with Steelers fans for years about how safe Tomlin's job was and what a great coach he is (I still believe that), 

But with that being said, I do think this is a possible year for a split, if one is to happen. 

If they are able to run the table though (which I think is a possibility), I think Tomlin 100% stays.

Edited by Soggust

6 hours ago, biggie. said:

Hot seat in 2023

Saleh has done a solid job considering the QB's/OL his GM has given him. The Jets weren't expected to be much better than the Texans by the national media or this website prior to the start of the season, regardless of how great we thought they drafted in the 1st round, because their roster wasn't exactly stacked.
A 3rd straight year of not making the playoffs isn't getting him auto-fired.
The team simply needs to look better than they do this year, which won't be hard if Breece Hall stays healthy and they move on from Wilson.
When Becton went down, most of us assumed the Jets would be right there for worst OL in the league, so it's hard to fault Saleh, a former DC, for the Jets not being a powerhouse in year 2 of his tenure. Saleh has that defense playing better than the sum of it's parts (Carl Lawson is their #1 DE. He'd be the #4 DE on Philly's DL), and it's hard to see the Jets in general not taking a step forward next year if Joe Douglas concentrates his offseason efforts on OL and Pass rush.
Then it's just a matter of improving the QB position, which could be as simple as Mike White practicing with the one's all offseason, along with an improved OL and a healthy Breece Hall.
I don't know how anyone could have looked at that team before the start of the season and said to themselves "If they don't make the playoffs this year or next, the HC gotta go".

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

I've been arguing with Steelers fans for years about how safe Tomlin's job was and what a great coach he is (I still believe that), 

But with that being said, I do think this is a possible year for a split, if one is to happen. 

If they are able to run the table though (which I think is a possibility), I think Tomlin 100% stays.

No chance Tomlin is going anywhere.

He is supremely overrated by the media and many non Steeler fans, and should absolutely be on the hot seat, but he wont be fired...for numerous reasons.