Let’s Fix the Colts

brownie man

Does Jeff Saturday keep the job at HC?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does Jeff Saturday keep the job at HC?

• Yes
    • No he’s gone
    • No he stays on the staff in another capacity
  2. 2. Where do the Colts add at qb?

• Draft
    • Free Agency
    • Trade

Some Questions because what I witnessed Saturday was indefensible. 

Does Jeff Saturday keep the job?

Do they draft a QB first round?

Do you trade up for a QB and how much if so are you willing to pay?

Do you trade for a quarterback?

Do you sign a quarterback in Free agency and if so who?

My gut says they need to in some way draft CJ Stroud. Even if they have to trade up to 2.  Get a young potential franchise qb to build around. You’ve got the talent where he can grow. 

this old QB thing ain’t working. 

what else do the Colts need

Do they really need to trade up to get Stroud at this point?  Detroit might go QB, but other than that...............  Stroud would make Irsay happy just for bringing Buckeye fans across the state line.  

The Detroit OC makes a perfect candidate to take over, but this is going to be a two plus year rebuild.  They also have to fix the o-line.

And if Smith-Njigba makes it to our pick, I'd be more than willing to trade it for next year's first  😎 and reunite the pair for the long haul.

They need to BOMB one year and get a top 3 pick. They can't survive with these retread QB's. And even with a QB, I don't love their roster...especially defensively.

I haven't been a fan of their drafts recently either. I think they're going to have a hard time rebuilding this team...I feel like they need to reconstruct this roster if they want to win that division. The Jaguars are looking tough, the Titans will always be solid under Vrabel, and the Texans actually have a slew of resources to improve quickly. The Colts do not.

Saturday can stay in some capacity because he was essentially second in command of the locker room during the Peyton era. Maybe even be the offensive line coach.

As for QB, sign a FA and draft one. Three man competition between those two and Ehlinger for the job.

Irsay sells the team. Ballard’s fired. Saturday is only allowed in a Colts facility if he buys a ticket. 

For the GM spot, I check on guys like Ryan Poles (executive director of player personnel for the Chiefs), Mike Borgonzi (assistant GM of the Chiefs), Khai Harley (VP of football administration for the Saints), or Trent Kirchner (VP of player personnel for the Seahawks). Don’t have a lot on them in all honesty, but I want executives from teams with some talent/that have acquired talent, outside of places like SF where Lynch/Shanny are totally running the show or Dallas where Jerry and his son are making all the calls. I won’t re-tread Jeff Ireland.

For HC, I want Brian Flores or Ben Johnson (OC from Detroit). I’m inclined to say Flores is my first pick here, but we all know that as soon as you get a quality OC, they’re going to get poached by another team sooner than later. So it pays to get a quality offensive mind at HC. If I can grab Johnson, then I see if Flores is willing to take the DC spot. If not, I see if Fangio wants to come to town, or I try and nab Jerod Mayo from NE. 

At QB, I might be stuck with Ryan, and let’s be honest, if a young QB is the big move for 2023, then you can do much worse as far as a veteran mentor goes. Cutting him only saves about $17M on the cap, and I’m not sure I can get a better QB than Ryan for less than that. Still, I keep my options open, as bridge guys like Heinicke and Daniel Jones might make it to the market, with a guy like Jimmy being a slightly higher priority. I also keep my eyes on the Jordan Love situation in Green Bay and my ear to the ground on surprise moves/trades for guys like Tannehill or Carr. If I miss out on all of them, then I’m almost stuck relying on the draft (I don't know Jack about this class). I’m willing to move up but not for more than next year’s first. 

As for the rest of the team, my priorities are re-tooling the OL, adding a starter in the secondary, and putting more depth into the DL.