MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

50 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

5 minutes left in the first quarter…… get outta here. 

If we are being completely honest, you were also down two more DBs, if Hamlin had suffered something like a concussion, as it looked at first.

No matter what, someone gets toasted here.  And I truly think that if KC had lost to Denver, then none of this would be much of an issue.  They would have called it a no contest or they would have used the 7-3 score 

Edited by INbengalfan

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You have no idea how insufferable it is to see Ravens fans going "iTs nOt fAiR tO cAnCeL tHiS gAmE bEcAuSe iT hUrTs uS!"

Bro, we lost FIVE 4th quarter leads this year and just lost to Kenny Pickett and our offense hasn't scored more than 16 points in like 6 straight weeks.

We deserve whatever the hell we get.

The Bengals lost to Mitch Trubisky and Cooper Rush. Let's not act like they deserve a free ticket.

The Ravens beat them straight up after all.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Score was 3-7 Bengals, with them driving, when play stopped. Call it a Bengals win, a tie, or no contest. Everyone is trying to over complicate this.

Each team had one possession - maybe if it was the 3rd quarter or something but that’d be like the MLB calling a 1-0 game in the top of the 2nd inning. I think MLB does anything after the 6th inning so we’d at least have to get past the half way point. 

But I agree. I was upset about the possibility of losing the bye, home field and the 1 seed but the positive Hamlin news changed that. Plus I think the bills are going to dedicate the rest of the year for Hamlin and roll. 

25 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

The Bengals lost to Mitch Trubisky and Cooper Rush. Let's not act like they deserve a free ticket.

The Ravens beat them straight up after all.

The Bengals are a completely different team than they were early in the season.

Im not saying its a completely fair outcome, but its a very unusual situation.

However, I think if the Bengals were to lose to the Lamar-less Ravens this week, they should forfeit the AFC North to the Ravens (joking...kinda).

• Like 2

How about this:

- Game is ruled a no contest, seedings decided by winning percentage

- KC therefore control their own destiny for the 1 seed and clinch it by beating LV on Saturday. If the Chiefs lose on Saturday, Buffalo can knock them down to 2nd and seize HFA off them by beating the Patriots

- CIN locked into 3

- JAX/TEN winner is the 4 seed

- Chargers clinch 5 with a win OR Ravens loss. Ravens clinch 5 with a win AND Chargers loss. The other will be 6.

- Pats/Dolphins/Steelers/Jags at 7

BUT, the following games should be neutral site:

- 3/2 game in the divisional round 

- The AFC title game, if the 1 seed and either the 2 or 3 seed both make it.

- Ravens/Bengals in the WC if the Ravens win Sunday but are still the 6 seed 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 43M said:

The Bengals are a completely different team than they were early in the season.

Im not saying its a completely fair outcome, but its a very unusual situation.

However, I think if the Bengals were to lose to the Lamar-less Ravens this week, they should forfeit the AFC North to the Ravens (joking...kinda).

Incorrect. If the Ravens beat the Bengals on Sunday, and are matched up against the Bengals in Wild Card Weekend, the game should be played at a neutral site and not in Cincy. 

This should be the case if this is the policy toward KC/BUF. 

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Incorrect. If the Ravens beat the Bengals on Sunday, and are matched up against the Bengals in Wild Card Weekend, the game should be played at a neutral site and not in Cincy. 

This should be the case if this is the policy toward KC/BUF. 

I think thats a solid solution.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Each team had one possession - maybe if it was the 3rd quarter or something but that’d be like the MLB calling a 1-0 game in the top of the 2nd inning. I think MLB does anything after the 6th inning so we’d at least have to get past the half way point. 

But I agree. I was upset about the possibility of losing the bye, home field and the 1 seed but the positive Hamlin news changed that. Plus I think the bills are going to dedicate the rest of the year for Hamlin and roll. 

I fully get that and agree to an extent. But people just want to act like game play never took place and the NFL made it worse by saying it won't be continued. So at this point you either acknowledge the score, declare a tie, or no contest. Plus all this talk by us of moving to a neutral location isn't taking into account all of the logistics and local issues. Moving a game takes away thousands, if not millions, of dollars of local tax revenue as well as money out of the pockets of people who work on game days; concession workers, janitorial staff, parking attendants, kitchen staff, even grocery stores lose money from would be tailgaters, hotels aren't getting used, etc.

I read it won't be resumed. It should be declared a tie, which would make 2022 the first season with at least three ties since 1973 (7 tie games), and the first with three ties since the introduction of regular season OT in 1974. It would also be the first tie on MNF since 1983 Giants at Cardinals, and first without OT since 1973 Raiders at Broncos. It would also be the second ever tie on ESPN, the first being 1997 Giants at Redskins.