MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Can we all agree that now maybe isn't the time to debate the intricacies and specific terminologies on life and death?

I wasn’t even doing that. Holy **** you guys are dumb humans. I was just saying that him not breathing on his own wasn’t because of definitely having brain death. Why does this even have to be explained? Being intubated doesn’t mean you’re brain dead. It’s that simple. It was a post of optimism… my goodness. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Glass half full here.. If the ambulance is waiting for someone from the stands.. Hes likely gonna get through this 

I’m hoping that too. My dad died of a heart attack and I watched paramedics work on him for 25 minutes and they held the ambulance for my mom to ride with him too. I’m not speculating here and not saying this is the case, merely offering unique insight here from personal experience. 

I'm not a doctor but I'm reminded of the hit Drew Bledsoe took from Mo Lewis in '01. Same part of the body. Caused a sheared artery and a hemothorax that caused severe internal bleeding. 
Can't help but imagine the same thing happened to Hamlin, but more severe. Really frightening to consider, given that later on they were saying that it nearly killed Bledsoe.

Edited by Apparition

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Glass half full here.. If the ambulance is waiting for someone from the stands.. Hes likely gonna get through this 

This is what I'm getting from this as well. You would think if something were that serious, they wouldn't be waiting for a damn person 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

I want to know who made that initial order to get the players to warm up and start playing again. Someone genuinely needs to be fired over that, absolutely unconscionable. 

My guess is there was no order and it's some dumb NFL SOP that says 'serious injury prompting game stoppage may warrant up to a 5 minute break' so they defaulted to the highest allowable window.

• Like 3

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

I want to know who made that initial order to get the players to warm up and start playing again. Someone genuinely needs to be fired over that, absolutely unconscionable. 

I doubt it was an order as much as just standard policy. This is obviously an exceptional situation at this point, but there is a normal ruleset for how these situations are handled.

• Like 5

Just now, Apparition said:

I'm not a doctor but I'm reminded of the hit Drew Bledsoe took from Mo Lewis in '01. Same part of the body. Caused a sheared artery and a hemothorax that caused severe internal bleeding. 
Can't help but imagine the same thing happened to Hamlin, but more severe. Really frightening to consider.

That was my thought too, either that or he had an undiagnosed defect/weakness in his aorta that just popped.