MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

Just now, ET80 said:

The crowd knew someone was injured - I don't think anyone figured it was a life or death situation. We've grown accustomed to seeing serious concussions and the medical teams and teams surrounding the area; Concussions are serious, but I don't think they compare in magnitude to whatever happened to Hamlin. 

I went to a game at Arrowhead a couple years ago that had a rain delay. Being in the stands, I had no idea what the hell was going on or what the ETA was except by checking here and Twitter. You know far less what's going on in the stadium than you do online, nowadays.

• Like 2

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Even if he was resuscitated, Damar Hamlin died on an NFL field tonight. Making people process this live, on TV, hearing Lisa Salters try not to break down and cry after even more people were doing just that, purely because they need the ratings, is disgusting and I am genuinely kind of appalled by it.

what do you expect them to do?

• Like 3

Even if he was resuscitated, Damar Hamlin died on an NFL field tonight. Making people process this live, on TV, hearing Lisa Salters try not to break down and cry after even more people were doing just that, purely because they need the ratings, is disgusting and I am genuinely kind of appalled by it.

I understand your grief but this is premature.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why is he even concerned about it?! Why is that what he's tweeting about? Dude's a jackass. He talks for attention, and it always works.

He was literally responding to the millions of people on Twitter saying cancel the game. And giving perspective on why they may not be canceling the game yet. 

• Like 3

I genuinely cannot believe they're continuing to just force these people to talk about this. Just stop. Go to commercial. Air some re-run of a baseball game or something. Just do anything else.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If you haven't yet, just turn the TV off, man. Nothing to be derived from it anymore.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

There's a power button on your remote. You're only giving them more reasons to keep going. 

• Like 3

Ok, but please be careful with that word here.