Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I still think there are plenty of teams dumb enough to part with some solid draft capital for Aaron Rodgers.  

Probably, but I don't think Rodgers will go anywhere else to play. I think he'd rather walk away so he could say he played his entire career in one place. I really think that is important to him. 

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I hate the shots we see of the play from tv.  Watson looked to have 3-4 yards on every QB on those "go" type routes all game long.  But I couldn't see where the safety was back there.  But I know they only had one, because there were 10 guys on the screen at the snap.

I'm pretty convinced AR12 doesn't read the field anymore. Not that he has any deep ball accuracy left anyway even if he did see it. 

• Like 2

Not the result we wanted, but I'm at peace with it because this team is very average anyways. This wasn't going to be any magical playoff run. 

Moreover, I've been his biggest fan over the last 15 years and was glad to be there in person for maybe his last game...but Rodgers needs to go. My hope is that he retires, but it's time to let him go either way. He was reason 1(a) why we lost last night. Jones' fumble was huge and LaFleur got outcoached again, but 12 played small out there. Time move on and thank him for the memories.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I'm just a simple country dumbarse, so I would like someone to explain to me why it seems like opponents always have their way on swing passes to the running back and why ours always seem to be immediately blown up. 

GB defense needs to cover the full width of the field

opposing defenses rarely need to cover the middle of the field thus can cover the boundaries better

• Like 2

I'm just going to go back to this....

If you gotta have a drive that ends in a TD to win a game, Rodgers has got to be the last so called "elite" QB that you would want under center.  And there may be other QB's a tier or two below that I'd rather have.

We were doomed when we were in the red zone and getting FG's instead of TD's.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

If you gotta have a drive that ends in a TD to win a game, Rodgers has got to be the last so called "elite" QB that you would want under center.  And there may be other QB's a tier or two below that I'd rather have.

This thought came to me as well - in comparison to Brady - who saved Tampa's season by engineering come from behind wins during the regular season. I HATE the AR/Brady comps (although I just made one.....) but it's true. In the Playoffs if we get behind.....it surely seems we stay behind.

Rodgers to Vegas makes a lot of sense for both parties.  His contract is structured that if he returns for 2023, he’s almost certainly back for 2024.  I think 2 years of Rodgers will get a 1st rounder in total compensation.  Maybe more on a conditional basis

1 minute ago, Striker said:

It sure looks like Lazard was open across the middle on the yolo ball to Watson.

...which means Rodgers has somehow made the exact same throw/mistake twice to end the Packers season.

In season ending games I am not sure whether I am more tired of hopeless deep throws down the sidelines or gut punch fumbles.