General Offseason Discussion

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You literally didn’t show your face all game and popped in the first time Stidham made a mistake. You were like a snake waiting. 

You, Humble, Frankie will do this all of 2023 most likely any time Carr does well or any time our QB does bad. 

With Carr off the team, none of us who ragged on Carr will care how he will be on another team, nor will we be bringing him up. He’s not part of the team anymore. We are Raider fans. He’s off the team so we will not care to bring him up.

Dude... you will 10000% be first in line to ish post Carr the moment he has a clunker at his next stop. Let's be real here. Carr is on the bench and you can't stop talking about how terrible you think he is. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Dude... you will 10000% be first in line to ish post Carr the moment he has a clunker at his next stop. Let's be real here. Carr is on the bench and you can't stop talking about how terrible you think he is. 

This, literally every post this guy has made has referenced Carr, he’s obsessed. He’s gone, time to move on. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If he is not on the Raiders, I could care less what he is doing. I am a RAIDER fan. If Carr is off the Raiders, I do not care about him. 

6 hours ago, roi34 said:

meh. don't want to see brady a raider. 

Yeah I hate the idea of Brady on the Raiders but I think that’s really the only option to be a playoff team.  Given the make up of the team Plus I don’t trust our ability to rebuild let alone quickly, I think Brady’s our only option besides full on rebuild.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You literally didn’t show your face all game and popped in the first time Stidham made a mistake. You were like a snake waiting. 

You, Humble, Frankie will do this all of 2023 most likely any time Carr does well or any time our QB does bad. 

With Carr off the team, none of us who ragged on Carr will care how he will be on another team, nor will we be bringing him up. He’s not part of the team anymore. We are Raider fans. He’s off the team so we will not care to bring him up.

Pretty sure I mentioned yesterday that I was working on my car and popping in and out to watch the game. So that's probably why it seemed that way. I'm sorry to have offended you lol

I also mentioned earlier today that I'm actually really pulling for Jared Stidham to be our stopgap for next year so that we don't have to like go out and get someone else and therefore pay more money so that's been refuted.

That sounds like the point you're making have no bearing on anything that I've been saying the last couple of days or on the season. If you did you would understand that my perspective is that It's not really about Carr or no Carr pro-Carr or anti-Carr. It's about up until this point it's been poorly evaluated by many on this forum(and most raider fans and TV people) that the problem with the team is the quarterback we learned yesterday that the quarterback can play out of his mind and we still won't win because the play calling is still questionable in key moments(and really after the scripted plays are over) and the defense is still garbage. There were also questionable front office decisions in terms of free agency, trades & in the draft. That's with Carr or and whoever the quarterback is.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

Not sure what the path to a QB is. The best move would be to have a rookie, that way they could build the roster with a plus expensive talent. However I’m not sure about any QB at their spot. They could keep Stidham and draft a developmental guy but any sort of subpar play would result in the kid playing early which I’d be against if he’s raw. 

Young is probably out of the question. Stroud too. Who does that leave for LV?

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We have plenty of data how Carr is against: 1) Top Ranked Defenses 2) Dominant DLines 3) Aggressive Defenses

It’s not entirely theoretical. There is a lot of data on Carr over the years to highly suggest what would of happened or likely to happen. 

Carr also doesn’t perform well in the redzone. Two historic things Carr sucks at, Stidham did well today: Aggressive in the redzone and extending plays/avoiding pressure. There is no doubt at all Carr would have taken several sacks today in the same situation. You are just too much of a Carr homer to ever realize it. 

I don’t want to defend Carr anymore, but I can’t help defending facts. Stop spewing lies about sack numbers. And yes they’re lies. Carr was sacked less than twice a game with this oline. You don’t have to make stuff up anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, true2form said:

I don’t want to defend Carr anymore, but I can’t help defending facts. Stop spewing lies about sack numbers. And yes they’re lies. Carr was sacked less than twice a game with this oline. You don’t have to make stuff up anymore. 

The 49ers aren’t a normals sacking team. Aggressive and dominant DLines usually sack Carr to death. 

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The unnecessary bashing of Carr is completely childless. Dude did a lot for the franchise and dealt with complete ineptitude for 9 years.

I wish Carr the best, hope he crushes it at his next stop. I will actively watch his games and root for him. I feel sorry for the Carr haters who will be posting every time he makes a mistake and comparing stats, etc. Get a life! 

This staff wanting to move on is fine. Most coaches want their own guy, this is normal and the timing was right for them. Now they own the decision and will live or die by the results.

What about the other side of the coin. That a new young qb or whoever it is not living up to their guy in DC ?.

16 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

What about the other side of the coin. That a new young qb or whoever it is not living up to their guy in DC ?.

Or the third side, our new qb plays well, but we continue to make timely dumb penalties, and D continues to struggle because we refuse to address the D seriously. 

I am praying. We address the D heavy in FA and draft. I know we may take a qb in first, I still would’ve waited for 2024, but I understand JMD wanting his guy. 

best way to help a young qb is to build a monster D. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Or the third side, our new qb plays well, but we continue to make timely dumb penalties, and D continues to struggle because we refuse to address the D seriously. 

I am praying. We address the D heavy in FA and draft. I know we may take a qb in first, I still would’ve waited for 2024, but I understand JMD wanting his guy. 

I’d bet the farm Ziegler is a better drafter off the top. However can’t overlook management squandering resources on Chandler Jones. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

First things first if Daron Payne hits the market or Colts wanna do business and offer up Buckner ( probably not likely but who knows )

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah I hate the idea of Brady on the Raiders but I think that’s really the only option to be a playoff team.  Given the make up of the team Plus I don’t trust our ability to rebuild let alone quickly, I think Brady’s our only option besides full on rebuild.

The Raiders need a full rebuild. If you get rid of Carr to bring in a guy who’s a decade older than him you’ll be rebuilding sooner rather than later. I’d rather do it now if they can get something for Carr. At least when they’re 4-8 going into December with a rookie I’ll know there’s hope as opposed to having a declining Brady. 

13 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Not sure what the path to a QB is. The best move would be to have a rookie, that way they could build the roster with a plus expensive talent. However I’m not sure about any QB at their spot. They could keep Stidham and draft a developmental guy but any sort of subpar play would result in the kid playing early which I’d be against if he’s raw. 

Young is probably out of the question. Stroud too. Who does that leave for LV?

Will Levis and Anthony Richardson.

Hendon Hooker can probably be had in the 2nd/3rd round due to his injury and age.