General Offseason Discussion

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Our D needs an entire overhaul. Crosby is an all-pro but beyond that we have little to nothing. Hobbs was totally exposed today and although I think he's a good NCB, it appears he isn't a true lockdown #1 CB like we were hoping. Chandler Jones looked a lot better the 2nd half of the year but should purely be a pass-rushing specialst at this point in time. Even Moehrig (who I was SUPER high on) hasn't really done a ton.

I expect 5-7 new starters on D next year.

To be honest I think his run defence has been better than his pass rush this year, he’s been really good at setting he edge and playing the run and underwhelming when pass rushing and looking like he’s lost a step.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We haven’t seen this since Jason Campbell. Carr and Carson Palmer are two of the worst play extenders I have ever seen. It was so nice seeing Stidham extend so many plays. 0 sacks against the best defense in the NFL!!!

Don’t miss Carr drifting back or when he drops his head and cradles the ball thing when he feels likes he’s getting sacked. It was nice to see stidham at the minimum could be a high end backup 

• Like 3

The unnecessary bashing of Carr is completely childless. Dude did a lot for the franchise and dealt with complete ineptitude for 9 years.

I wish Carr the best, hope he crushes it at his next stop. I will actively watch his games and root for him. I feel sorry for the Carr haters who will be posting every time he makes a mistake and comparing stats, etc. Get a life! 

This staff wanting to move on is fine. Most coaches want their own guy, this is normal and the timing was right for them. Now they own the decision and will live or die by the results.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I feel sorry for the Carr haters who will be posting every time he makes a mistake

This will definitely not be the people who ragged on Carr. We were Raider fans and want the best for the team. We don’t care about anyone not on the team. People who will still be talking about Carr all the time are his fans like Frankie, Humble, ronjon, etc. They will bring up every thread if Carr is doing well and our current QB is doing bad, likely all of 2023. Because they are more Carr than Raider fans. 

It’s time to move on. None of us who criticized Carr care about him once he’s off the team. He’s not making my team bad anymore so I don’t care what so ever about him now. I will always be vocal about improving my team because I don’t settle for poor play and very demanding. Carr was playing below standard for a long time. 

Edited by BayRaider

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The unnecessary bashing of Carr is completely childless. Dude did a lot for the franchise and dealt with complete ineptitude for 9 years.

I wish Carr the best, hope he crushes it at his next stop. I will actively watch his games and root for him. I feel sorry for the Carr haters who will be posting every time he makes a mistake and comparing stats, etc. Get a life! 

This staff wanting to move on is fine. Most coaches want their own guy, this is normal and the timing was right for them. Now they own the decision and will live or die by the results.

LOL THIS

So move on already and stop bashing carr and other posters on here, btw, your other QB you didn’t like is taking his team to the playoffs. Lastly , to insinuate that people who are or were supporting OUR QB AT THE TIME aren’t true raider fans  is ridiculous and very insulting. I supported carr but recognized his deficiencies a while ago as did plenty of posters. And btw, I’ve been a die hard raiders fan longer than you’ve been alive. You are the one who has joked about leaving the raiders. Point that finger at yourself too.....there ya go Nick, not 1 cuss word!! 👍😈

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

We scored 38 points against the texans we scored 40 against seattle. 

In terms of the "if we played like this with Carr we wouldve won more games" arguement, like I mentioned earlier, the problem with this thought process is that its hypothetical. Think about how that rationale is self defeating. we scored 34 points today and lost so that actually has been proven to be false. It just sounds good. 

It's not false because we don't play the nines every week.

Not sure what the path to a QB is. The best move would be to have a rookie, that way they could build the roster with a plus expensive talent. However I’m not sure about any QB at their spot. They could keep stiddum and draft a developmental guy but any sort of subpar play would result in the kid playing early. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

LOL THIS

You literally didn’t show your face all game and popped in the first time Stidham made a mistake. You were like a snake waiting. 

You, Humble, Frankie will do this all of 2023 most likely any time Carr does well or any time our QB does bad. 

With Carr off the team, none of us who ragged on Carr will care how he will be on another team, nor will we be bringing him up. He’s not part of the team anymore. We are Raider fans. He’s off the team so we will not care to bring him up.

Edited by BayRaider