The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So what.  The Raiders can "look" all they want.  Like I said there is nothin appealing to a 47 year old qb to play behind the leagues worst Oline and D.  

The Raiders "looked into Brady" a few years ago and what happened?  Nothing just like this time. 

I look into winning the lottery a few times a year LOL

Basically every NFL insider is saying that we're Brady's most likely landing spot. We only gave up 37 sacks (10 less than TB in 1 more game in 2019) so I don't see why he'd be scared off by the OL. 

47 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So what.  The Raiders can "look" all they want.  Like I said there is nothin appealing to a 47 year old qb to play behind the leagues worst Oline and D.  

The Raiders "looked into Brady" a few years ago and what happened?  Nothing just like this time. 

Legit LOL - Same here 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Another post. Another thread and you're still referring to the 2022 roster to justify the 2023 QB. 

Make it make sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Even tho this was news last week just posting cause of the picture of Tom in a Raiders jersey. I know that is gonna make some here sick 

Should the Raiders be looking into a player under contract who is in the playoffs? Isn't this why the Dolphins had to forfeit their draft pick lol

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Should the Raiders be looking into a player under contract who is in the playoffs? Isn't this why the Dolphins had to forfeit their draft pick lol

I thought they had met with someone on a boat off shore, lol.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I thought they had met with someone on a boat off shore, lol.

Something like that lol

I'm not sure what is considered "tampering" anymore. Wish things would just chill out media wise until Carr is moved. The slander and Brady stuff is not helping anything.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think they made contact with him that’s why that pick was taken away. 

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Something like that lol

I'm not sure what is considered "tampering" anymore. Wish things would just chill out media wise until Carr is moved. The slander and Brady stuff is not helping anything.

We’re on of the most valuable franchises in the NFL. Us and the Cowboys will always be in the news lol

58 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Something like that lol

Todd Downing just got fired 

• Like 1

I actually think there is a chance it will be Stidham. That being said there's three QB's expected to go high in the draft and then there's free agency. I'm not totally sold on Levis, but he was pretty good in 2021. If they picked him though I don't think it would be a bad choice. Whoever comes in they're going to have a beast in Adams, a really good reliable tight end in Waller, and potentially Jacobs at running back. Not a bad spot for a rookie or a young QB to be in. 

My analysis of Stidham so far is that he can be a solid QB. I say that with the small sample size of two games. What I do like is he will get out the pocket and run, not a scrambler or particularly mobile but he can get up the field. What I notice is he's a thrower that trusts his arm. I just think that stands out about him. What I think they're trying to get out of him is for him to be like a Ryan Fitzpatrick kind of player, a QB that develops a tad later in there career, but who can play good through there 30's. Only time will tell though, one of the biggest things to judge a QB by is if what they're doing is translating into wins or not.