The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If we can get a 1st for Carr, I don’t mind giving up that 1st and a 3rd for Aaron Rodgers. We’ll still have Pick 7 to use on an elite defender like Tyree Wilson. Draft a QB in the 1st in 2024. 

I’m gonna be pretty annoyed if we get Jimmy. He’s not a Top 20 QB and is going to command a lot of money. I’d rather have Baker for a year than Jimmy. They are about the same skill level and Baker will cost pennies. 

There was a rumor the Bears may have looked at trading Fields. The hypothetical I saw had him going to Detroit. 

Too bad. I would've called to see what they want for Goff in a heartbeat if that happened. At least he's used to rebuilds, isn't terrible, and has actually even made a Superbowl in the last few years. 

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Davante Adams story on IG has Rodgers throwing him a TD in black and White. Which the caption that says “literally”

I wouldn’t do this TBH. He’ll cost a lot but I can see Mark pushing for it to get more butts in seats. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I wouldn’t do this TBH. He’ll cost a lot but I can see Mark pushing for it to get more butts in seats. 

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Rodgers is well worth a 1st and change even at his age. He is one year removed from two of the best QB seasons in NFL History. 

Rodgers is probably our best option at this point. And it doesn’t waste all the stars we have right now. We can go all in for the Super Bowl for both 2023 and 2024 (hopefully win it in 2024). 

Draft Tyree Wilson at 7, and add some defensive Free Agents. Go after this damn ring. 

I still think Rodgers is Top 5 caliber, one off year doesn’t change that, he had the worst WR core he has had in his career and also battled injuries all year long. People said the same about Brady in 2019 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we signed that deal, Zeigler and McDaniels should immediately be sent out for a ride into the desert. 

35 million for a year. he was 2-0 with Josh McDaniels last time and he has been to the NFC championship three times going to the Super Bowl one of the times. I mean when has Carr done that. He will be very highly sought after. Will be really lucky to have him  over that bum Carr 

With Brady retiring and Purdy having a Tommy John surgery (I’ve heard a Torn UCL could be closer to 9-12 months), Bucs and 49ers now needing a QB, the market for Derek Carr has went up. We should be able to get at least a 2nd and some change.

His cap hit would be only 15 million for 2023 and base salary of 1.5 million

Mark would have to fork over 58 million in a signing bonus but that’s on him 

My Top choices:

1)Bridge year Stidham and draft Top QB prospect at #7

2) Trade for Rodgers

3) Brissett

4) Minshew

5) Jimmy G

The playoffs proved the way to win is either a rookie salary QB or a HOF caliber QB 

Edited by bucksavage1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Rodgers is well worth a 1st and change even at his age. He is one year removed from two of the best QB seasons in NFL History. 

Rodgers is probably our best option at this point. And it doesn’t waste all the stars we have right now. We can go all in for the Super Bowl for both 2023 and 2024 (hopefully win it in 2024). 

Draft Tyree Wilson at 7, and add some defensive Free Agents. Go after this damn ring. 

I still think Rodgers is Top 5 caliber, one off year doesn’t change that, he had the worst WR core he has had in his career and also battled injuries all year long. People said the same about Brady in 2019 

How do you draft Tyree Wilson if you don’t have a first? And I doubt that the Packers would part with that Top 5 QB for anything less than 2 firsts. 

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

How do you draft Tyree Wilson if you don’t have a first? And I doubt that the Packers would part with that Top 5 QB for anything less than 2 firsts. 

1st for Carr. Packers know they aren’t getting a Top 10 pick, they aren’t dumb.

I can see Mark Davis pushing for Rodgers now that the chance at Brady has gone.

I don’t think it’s a great fit in many ways - the draft capital it’ll cost for an old player, the money we’ll have to pay him, and the main issue being that he & McDaniels seem like an awful clash of personalities.

I also doubt Rodgers will want any part of us to begin with. Maybe Davante can convince him, but it’ll be a tough sell.

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I can see Mark Davis pushing for Rodgers now that the chance at Brady has gone.

I don’t think it’s a great fit in many ways - the draft capital it’ll cost for an old player, the money we’ll have to pay him, and the main issue being that he & McDaniels seem like an awful clash of personalities.

I also doubt Rodgers will want any part of us to begin with. Maybe Davante can convince him, but it’ll be a tough sell.

You’re right about one thing, Rodgers and McDaniels is a huge personality clash. But, Rodgers can definitely be great in McDaniels system. 

And the fact is, Adams and Waller are aging. Do we want a Super Bowl with Adams and Waller? That has to be in the next two seasons. We are not gonna win the Super Bowl with any QB not named Aaron Rodgers. He is the only Super Bowl caliber QB available. A drafted guy isn’t winning the Super Bowl in the next two seasons. 

At this point, if we don’t get Rodgers, we completely wasted Adams window of a ring and Adams damn well knows it. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You’re right about one thing, Rodgers and McDaniels is a huge personality clash. But, Rodgers can definitely be great in McDaniels system. 

And the fact is, Adams and Waller are aging. Do we want a Super Bowl with Adams and Waller? That has to be in the next two seasons. We are not gonna win the Super Bowl with any QB not named Aaron Rodgers. He is the only Super Bowl caliber QB available. A drafted guy isn’t winning the Super Bowl in the next two seasons. 

At this point, if we don’t get Rodgers, we completely wasted Adams window of a ring and Adams damn well knows it. 

Agreed, especially with the bolded. And that was the problem with going "all in" when we weren't really ready to.

Another problem I have with Rodgers. Say we give up a 1st & 3rd or something like that. I'd be ok with that if you know you're going to get 3/4 years of being competitive with Rodgers, as it would buy you time to seek a replacement. Problem is I have absolutely no faith in him to not just call it a day after one season if he doesn't feel like things are going his way.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Agreed, especially with the bolded. And that was the problem with going "all in" when we weren't really ready to.

Another problem I have with Rodgers. Say we give up a 1st & 3rd or something like that. I'd be ok with that if you know you're going to get 3/4 years of being competitive with Rodgers, as it would buy you time to seek a replacement. Problem is I have absolutely no faith in him to not just call it a day after one season if he doesn't feel like things are going his way.

Think Rodgers plays least two seasons. Adams would be heated if he retired after one year. They are best friends in real life. Adams/Carr are great friends too, but Rodgers is the guy Adams has been hanging out with the past 9 years. These two have always said amazing stuff about each other. 

For a trade for Rodgers I would give up number 7, 71 and Waller.

I wouldn’t include this years second or next years first. 

Don’t have an issue with moving on from Waller.  Clear up space and this TE draft class is really promising. Could go cheap there. 

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

For a trade for Rodgers I would give up number 7, 71 and Waller.

I wouldn’t include this years second or next years first. 

Don’t have an issue with moving on from Waller.  Clear up space and this TE draft class is really promising. Could go cheap there. 

Urgg I would hate that trade personally.

I am all for moving on from Waller + picks, but man giving up a top 10 selection for a bipolar, declining QB who will be 40 mid season would make me sick. I mean maybe if we somehow recoup a 1st from other means, but I want a long-term solution at QB. Not another bandaid for one season, max two.

The threat of him retiring on us and causing so much offseason drama would be annoying. I have friends who are Packer fans and they can not wait to move on from him.

• Like 1