NFL announces scenarios for a neutral site AFC Championship

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

The Bengals played 7 home games (or will once they play Baltimore, they have only played 6 so far)

Every other team in the NFL has played at least 8 home games (including Buffalo once they play NE this week), with half of them playing 9.

What is that if not a competitive disadvantage?

Dude, there was a game canceled. It happened to be a home game. You play a home game this week. What are you looking for? 

Had they just declared it a no contest, and made zero other changes, I would have been ok with it.  They do have rules in place for this scenario, which they are not following, which is why Katie Blackburn (who is on the competition committee) is pissed.  Other teams getting considerations that some teams are not getting is what I don't get.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Had they just declared it a no contest, and made zero other changes, I would have been ok with it.  They do have rules in place for this scenario, which they are not following, which is why Katie Blackburn (who is on the competition committee) is pissed.  Other teams getting considerations that some teams are not getting is what I don't get.

You are literally complaining about consideration while claiming you’d be happier with less consideration. I’m done here. 

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

NFL changing rules on the fly? Not shocked.

This is a one of one situation. Never seen before and likely (hopefully) never seen again. 

Every team impacted lost out on a chance for something and gained something back (because of them circumventing the written rule). 

I’m sure if the NFL realized people would just complain anyway they would’ve stick with what was written. They were actually trying to do right by teams. Shame on them. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

The Bengals played 7 home games (or will once they play Baltimore, they have only played 6 so far)

Every other team in the NFL has played at least 8 home games (including Buffalo once they play NE this week), with half of them playing 9.

What is that if not a competitive disadvantage?

Buffalo lost a home game due to a blizzard. 

This weekend will be their 7th home game. 

• Like 4